Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Saraman whicn is not a character from LOTR but beef, ginger, cardoman and peanut curry plus 'deep fried' eggs in a tomato and coconut curry with naan and rice

It's a Rick Stein jobby....a boned shoulder covered with a bailnese spice paste (black pepper/nutmeg/cashews/sesame seeds/shallots/ginger/galangal/turmeric/lemongrass/garlic/chillies/shrimp paste/salt/oil/lime :D ) and the skin rubbed with a turmeric/oil mix.
I've not tried this one before but looking forward to it cos I've really, really liked every other recipe I've tried from that book. :cool:

Oooh it that the one from his Far Eastern Odyssey cookbook? If so I am looking at the recipe now :) It looks lush.

The deep fried egg curry I am doing comes from the same book Page 244 :D

Marks and Spencer lovely mushroom, caramelised onion and red wine pie, cos I can't be arsed making anything.

Still haven't made the macaroni cheese I wanted on Thursday, accidentally had a pill. Really need to eat something now.

Actually no, I want chicken. And swede. And, er, cabbage. No, not cabbage. Carrot? Yes, carrot. But it has to be in batons, I don't want circular bits of carrot. Also, beetroot and horseradish.

Roast lamb stuffed with garlic and rosemary, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, yorkshire puddings, veg and gravy.

With wine. Lots of wine.

Having lunch in about 15 minutes: harissa roast potatoes, roast onion, garlic and carrots, sage & onion stuffing, dwarf beans, brocolli with a veggie roast and plenty of gravey.

Eating late tonight, but having a traditional roast (chicken, spuds, stuffing) + we're having a newly created sizzling sauce we've come up with, 9pm is estimated eats time.

Back
Top Bottom