Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I'm making a nice chicken soup, made with the leftovers and stock from the carcass of Sunday's lunch. I'm going to put pearl barley in it and a couple of old parmesan rinds :cool:

As an appetizer, an annoyingly yummy French goat's cheese I couldn't resist at my new preferred Asian food shop / deli, wholemeal bread and washed down with monsieur Chenet's lovely Merlot.

Next on the menu - an Innocent veg pot - Mexican Chilli - half price at the moment and eaten cold because I have no microwave at the moment ... waiting for Aldi to have some in.

I made Spanish-ish chorizo, salt pork (I like my sodium) and green lentil stew, with crusty sourdough bread and black kale with lemon butter on the side. Fuck me it was delicious :) Now for a big fat whisky and some chocolate biscuits :cool:

roast chicken pie with broccoli, green beans and lots of goodbye cuddles.
Then i had ginger cake and custard for pudding to fend off the loneliness :D

FISH THURSDAY (just me and the boy tonight) and we're going to make seafood (john dory, squid and king prawns) braised in coconut milk, using the balinese spice paste I made (and froze) the other week, with rice...and some broccoli for health. :D

The small girl and I actually forgot about the rest of the lemon cake last night too ( :eek: ) so that for afters, with more grapes and strawberries.

something simple. we have pasta and baking potatoes. kid2 appears to be on the mend at least. now i need to find something i can be arsed to eat for lunch, whenever i stop eating i find it really hard to start again :confused:

I too am experiencing slow cooker envy
I think I might have to put one on my Christmas wish list.

Tonight will be salmon fillets with lime, chilli and corriander. Might do them with couscous or possibly jacket spuds.

Slow cookers are for old farts with too much time in the morning. I'd rather just cook in the evening that have to rush the prep and browning in the morning rush to work
;)

Tonight it's a curry evening. In a perfect world I'd cook 2 or 3 separate dishes, but it's only the two of us and I'm already feeling lazy. So it's a likely to be a couple of curries rolled into one - probably a butter paneer base, but with added chicken and perhaps a goodly bunch or two of spinach. Couple of roti each and some chutneys and that'll do us I reckon

I guess I must be an old fart then :p

I like to eat dinner at about 5.30 - 6pm as I like the boy to be in bed by 7.30. It doesn't leave that much time for cooking in the evening if it's a work day.

Chicken stir fry with a hoisin and honey sauce, various veg and cashew nuts. Not sure whether to have it with noodles or rice. Rice I think.

Slow cookers are for old farts with too much time in the morning. I'd rather just cook in the evening that have to rush the prep and browning in the morning rush to work
;)

Tonight it's a curry evening. In a perfect world I'd cook 2 or 3 separate dishes, but it's only the two of us and I'm already feeling lazy. So it's a likely to be a couple of curries rolled into one - probably a butter paneer base, but with added chicken and perhaps a goodly bunch or two of spinach. Couple of roti each and some chutneys and that'll do us I reckon

How long would you cook a bolognese sauce for?

Yes, bolognese needs a good couple of hours at least. And must not be rushed, cos the tomatoes shouldn't boil :) I think I might add slow cooker to my Christmas list too...

Tonight it's plantain fritters, rice and peas and collard greens... or omelette. Depends how lazy I'm feeling once the baby's in bed :hmm:

God I love food.

Back
Top Bottom