Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Leftover brisket with over a litre remaining of the most delicious gravy - to be accompanied by mashed organic potatoes, purple headed broccoli and carrots *licks lips*

I may need to resort to drinking any remaining gravy from a cup - it's too tasty to pour down the sink :)

i make very good gravy :cool:

i might not make such a great sausage casserole though. no leeks so got a savoy cabbage instead (which incidentally is the optimum gravy delivery system, it settles into all the little bubbles), not convinced it's going to work.

I haven't posted in here for ages!

That aside I'm having roast potatoes, stuffed peppers, roast beetroot, broccoli and gravy, natch.

Having cookup rice tonight, gonna have it 2 meat based too (chicken/lamb) - yumdiddlyumcious indeed, am stoned too cos I've been off today so have a munch to beat all munches.

whatever my mam and sis are making....I've been banished from the kitchen today :)....I've put my orders in though....no pot noodles pls :D

Harrisa meatballs in a tomato and onion sauce with cous cous, breen beans and peas. 5-a-day nom.
may get a little pot of custard from the shop later to have with some ginger cake for pud.

payday and the cupboards are bare. not sure i fancy a takeout so might wander aimlessly round a supermarket til i spot something i fancy.

All a bit up in the air. Both kids are off school sick today.
My daughter has a horrible cough that woke her up at 4am....cough med and propping her up on a big stack of pillows in my bed did nothing to soothe it :( so we both got up at 5 in the end....then my son got up and has a streaming nose and a bit of a banging head, so I thought....in for a penny...... :rolleyes:

Trouble is, he's meant to go to his dad's after school and I have a classmate of my daughters (who we'd already arranged would come over for the evening) to pick up from her school.
She's a veggy, so it all fitted in very well with our beans on toast night :cool: (boy - not liking beans - being at his dads)...but now I don't know if my son will be here, too, or not. :hmm:
Maybe egg on toast for him if so!

Very luckily, my bezzer's coming over later so is going to pick up the grapes/banana/strawberries I'd be planning to get today to have with some ice cream for pudding, so at least that's sorted. :D

Tonight Matthew, I'm on the roasted pepper pasta sauce, with fresh plum toms and streaky smoked bacon. Got a nice bit of basil to jazz it up. Fresh is the word.

Last night's grub was a winner, especially the boulangere potatoes. That stuff is my new favourite.

Tonight will be burgers for the boys and a jacket spud with cottage cheese and salad for me.
I really hope they've finished their burgers before I get home :mad:

payday and the cupboards are bare. not sure i fancy a takeout so might wander aimlessly round a supermarket til i spot something i fancy.

What I prefer to do (and used to do before I went to Uni) is to plan a week's/fortnight's menu, plan the ingredients, then buy only the ingredients for the menu - it really does save a small fortune (more money for dresses & beer, lol).

Tonight, homemade (halal) lamb/garlic/chilli kebabs, greek salad and crusty bread :)

I had one of them dunnow days yesterday. Ended up cooking risotto cakes (from leftovers) that were stuffed with mozzarella and covered in breadcrumbs. Not bad, although one fell apart a little. Smaller and more dried out next time. Oh, and a small joint of roast pork and leek stuffed field mushrooms too.

Tonight and I will not be distracted by shops or the market on the way home. I will cook the mince in my fridge and the veg in my house. Cottage pie with as many veg trimmings as I can be bothered with then.

Back
Top Bottom