Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Forgive me, my phone directed me towards page 2 instead I today's page and everyone was having fish fingers and stuff

I've got loads of party food left but so far I've prefered everything home made so I might skip on the tempura prawns and make a turkey curry like the old days.

Fish and chips for tea! I don't think I've had it in a few years, was meant to be our special Christmas Eve tea, but we were too upset to eat then, so having it now and trying to be cheery! :)

Last night's dinner...
and gosh, I'm feeling it today.

P1040429.jpg

P1040428.jpg
P1040425.jpg

Custard and the christmas pudding we didn't have yesterday might be part of it, as well as cold duck & bubble & squeak.

I had turkey for breakfast!

Roast ham and xmas dinner the 2nd for us. We always do a double run, we used to do it so that we could visit various realtives but it kinda stuck.

Finally back home after several days of obligatory Christmas visits (the culinary highlights of which, the less said the better) with three frozen turkey carcasses that would otherwise have gone into their local landfills (!)

Aside from making a massive amount of turkey stock today, I'm preparing our traditional Boxing Day dinner--Flaczki, a hearty Polish tripe soup/stew that's far tastier than it sounds. Ice cream with warm dried fruit compote for dessert.

A simple pasta dish with sauce from a jar then onto the cheese we didn't have yesterday. And maybe the white chocolate cheesecake.

i feel like some type of pasta tonite, lasagna, spaghetti, fettucini, linguini....i don't know, will have to see

Cloud that sounds great!

Our fish and chips were minging. Is it strange to say that the fish was too fishy? :confused:
Not really - fresh fish tends to smell/taste of the sea; stale fish tends to have a build up of ammonia, which smells a bit "fishy".

Mash potato/celery boiled with bay leaves, sherry and veg stock. Then mashed with garlic. Also, chippolattas in apple juice & boiled shallots with courgette, served with non dairy butter.

We had drop-in company this afternoon and I made them an improvisation of jajangbap using leftover ham, onions, turnip, mushrooms and Japanese eggplant. Served it with nappa kimchi (of course!), hot-pickled perilla leaves and pickled daikon slices. It went well with an unpretentious Niagara Riesling. Coffee and Ukrainian honey cake for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom