Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

i've had aubergines three times in the last four days. blooming fed up of them now. had veggie moussaka for tea tonight.

Roast chicken, potato wedges, steamed broccoli and carrots. Grapes and milkyway magic stars for pudding.

Started off making carbonara but it morphed into something else. I also learned that Baby Bells cannot be used as a substitute for smoked cheese - when grated and added to reduced milk it curdles :(

Luckily by the time I'd added more cheeses, eggs and sliced up hot dogs nobody could see it was curdled or could tell it was meant to be carbonara at one stage. In fact Mrs R thought it was "yummy".

Tonight is baked spud.

I've done the chorizo stewy thing.

I fried sliced red onions and loads of garlic in olive oil and added some harissa paste, a tiny bit of cinnamon paste. smoked paprika, a tiny pinch of cayenne, some dried coriander and loads of ground black pepper and smoked sea salt. Then I added chopped mushrooms, chunks of chorizo and let that all cook together for a bit. Then I added some cooked new potatoes and stirred it all around to coat them in the spicy oil and then I chucked in loads of chopped red and yellow tomatoes (Cheery? They were fucking ecstatic!) put a lid on and left it for 15 minutes till the tomatoes had cooked.

It's very nice :)

Last night was left over chicken in a cous cous / apricot / harrisa tagine with chocolate "pudding" for pudding :)
Tonight the boy has requested either spaghetti and meatballs or spag Bol which will have followed by cream slices.

chorizo thing sounds lush madz - did the kids eat it?

special request for kid1 tonight: chicken thighs, chilli, pinenuts, raisins, lemon juice, cinnamon, mint, with couscous.

chorizo thing sounds lush madz - did the kids eat it?

special request for kid1 tonight: chicken thighs, chilli, pinenuts, raisins, lemon juice, cinnamon, mint, with couscous.

The youngest did but picked out the mushrooms. The teeneager is being Cuntzilla atm and was at rugby training so he had pizza and oven chips when he got in.

Toppings?

I fancy a spud tonight but may daringly stray away from the old classic cheese and (then) beans topping.
Possibly tuna, nothing else is popping in my head right now.

The usual cheese, beans, chilli sauce and mayo.

Can't decide what to cook tonight. Maybe some veggie Glamorgan sausages, mash potato and tomatoes roasted in balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

Tonight the boy has requested either spaghetti and meatballs or spag Bol which will have followed by cream slices.
I've changed my mind and we're having baked potatoes with tuna mayo and some lettuce from the garden.
Tomorrow we'll have spag bol.

I've changed my mind too - didn't bother doing the feta/potato/courgette cakes last night and had oven chips instead so we've just made some for today to have with the mackerel and green beans - then we can have the caponata with a baked potato for lunch tomorrow after a swim (it's student review day at my son's school so it's shut and we just have to go in for his app at 9.45). :cool:

I've changed my mind too - didn't bother doing the feta/potato/courgette cakes last night and had oven chips instead so we've just made some for today to have with the mackerel and green beans - then we can have the caponata with a baked potato for lunch tomorrow after a swim (it's student review day at my son's school so it's shut and we just have to go in for his app at 9.45). :cool:
Do you have a recipe for the courgette&feta cakes?

Make some thicker and some thinner - that way you get some with a nice soft interior and some that are more crispy. :cool:

Also - I usually put far less cheese in than that :hmm: - maybe about two thirds.

I am cooking courgette flowers, stuffed up with some kind of cheese and something involving pork chops and broad beans. Have bacon too, so some kind of pasta or risotto I reckon

Back
Top Bottom