Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

we have some people round today so cooked up a big veggie pasta cheesy bake thing to share, and baked some cupcakes (just need to get off the sofa to ice them now)

the pasta was lovely actually (especially as I didn't know about making it until earlier this afternoon and it was a bit of a hodge podge of cooking :D) with LASHINGS of cheese. And the cupcakes are fucking superb even if I do say so myself

we have some people round today so cooked up a big veggie pasta cheesy bake thing to share, and baked some cupcakes (just need to get off the sofa to ice them now)

the pasta was lovely actually (especially as I didn't know about making it until earlier this afternoon and it was a bit of a hodge podge of cooking :D) with LASHINGS of cheese. And the cupcakes are fucking superb even if I do say so myself

I have chicken. And mushrooms. And lots of herbs and peppers, chillies and tomatoes that I erm...stole from the neighbour's garden. hmmm. They seem to constantly forget that they have a garden though, and never pick their veggies. It makes me mad to see it all go to waste.

last night I ate nothing for dinner as had a very large and messy vegan burger wrap with chips for lunch, but even still, no tea is a bit :eek:

we're winding down the fridge and cupboards before the move next week so it will be fridge surprise tonight! maybe veg curry, maybe dhal n rice....

i've been abrowsin the old curry threads :) we're having aloo gobi, sheo's tomato/coconut dahl and rubytoogood's pulau rice, with added cashew nuts :cool:

Last night was veg pie, roast potatoes and parsnips and broccoli with gravy.

Tonight will be pasta al fredo I should think.

splat chicken and organic, home-made chips with spuds from our garden
(by special request, it wasn't my first choice - I wanted a stir fry with noodles!)

I'm going out tonight so I don't want anything heavy. I've got chorizo, new potatoes, mushrooms, some cabbage that needs using up and about 70 squillion kilos of tomatoes. I fancy doing something spicy with some or all of those ingredients but I'm not quite sure what.

madz - steam/fry the chorizo with thinly sliced cabbage till the cabbage is cooked, add some chopped tomatoes and fry for a bit longer, then mix it up with crushed new potatoes?!

I have the tomato issue too :D along with an aubergine issue :facepalm: so I'm doing THIS Bangladeshi aubergine curry with tomatoes, ginger and fennel seeds and rice.

I've got some loose variation on patatas bravas going around my head but I can't pin it down. Cooking drives me nuts :mad:

Totally up to you - whether you don't mind the skins being in there or not!
Mine are mostly all 'cheery' ones :hmm: too, which are more of a faff to skin using the boiling water method, so I generally whack them all in then do a half arsed job of lifting any obvious skins out with tongs as they're cooking (easier if you're cooking in a shallow pan, obv). Middle ground. :D

The happy tomatoes will have to wait till tomorrow - I'm running realy late so it's a bought pasta bake thing and seedy bread.

Yeah, I've just done shit loads of hard slog in the garden, so going to wait for my Tesco delivery and have oatcakes, avocados and turkey breast slices.

My bezzer's just left with some tomatoes and aubergines, but I still have loads to use up.... *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom