Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Puy lentils are fucking delicious you nutter! :facepalm: They taste like sausages. :cool: I eat them quite regularly - despite the fact that I'm not vegetarian or vegan - simply because they're tasty.

As it happens, they're also a far more sensible option for a vegetarian or vegan diet than a roast vegetable lasagne would be, because they're also full of protein.

Obviously if your own prefernce is for the veg one then that's the one you go for, but that's all it is - your own preference (more of an *imagined* preference in fact, having never actually tried the puy lentil lasagne, tbf - but that's no skin off anyone elses nose :D ). Divvy!

Tonight, we're having a pork and mushroom casserole with crusty herb dumplings and broccoli.

still think that lasange recipe is shit tho. come on!!! im not gonna cook a succulent pork, beef and veal lasagne to my family and then have a separate, rubbish, carrot and puy lentil version for the veggies.......!!!:facepalm: there are better veggies we can use, and I have used them before GET REAL!!!!:D

It does look shit, tbf :D

Pizza. Probably with chorizo, sweetcorn and red onion because that's what I've got in the fridge.

Cheesy, you're just fucking rude.

yeh, it just sounded a bit rubbish. but vegans would eat it. But vegetarian lasagne??? get real. Lets cook proper food of the gods for a vegetarian

sounds like a weak lasagne to me. I have studied the mofo carefully and seen the picture. No way am i insulting the vegetarians in my family with that! (no offense franny)

frans veggie lasagne ones are shit and insulting to any vegetarian, who craves a decent lasagne.

But yeh, her lasagne recipe is shit unless you are a vegan and, as a good cook that experiments constantly, i dont need to cook it know that it is a MADE OF FAIL recipe

lol :D

COOK IT AND JUDGE FOR YOURSELF, DOOFUS.

103gbx3.jpg

can anyone help with a quick will-i-die question? chicken stock that's been in the fridge a week (still in the pan, with the bones :oops:) - okay to use or bin it?

A bit late but what you should do in this situation is reheat it and boil it for ten minutes or so. Then it will be fine. :)

To be fair, I can completely see why you'd think that from the pictures. I am not a food stylist, and it does look a bit... rustic. But it is tasty, I promise.

Normal food never looks that good in photos though does it? It's never going to look like the styled stuff. It looks fine and dandy to me :cool:

Yu_Gi - would you like me to send you some?!?

Ah Sheo, that's really nice of you! :D I'll find some, in an expat shop somewhere, I'm sure.

Tonight's dinner is chicken in a lemongrass and lime sauce. The sauce called for extra lime juice so my husband duly bought two lovely green limes. Except they're green oranges! :confused: Green satsumas? I dunno, they're not limes. I'm going for it anyway, kind of citrussy all the same maybe. :D

I really fancy some lasagne, mushroom, lentil, beef-any!
But it'll end up being LG sauce and pasta maybe spaghetti carbonara depending what my nursemaid visitors make for me. I could murder a fish finger sandwich too but have none of the makings for one!

OU - you're prob right about the cracked lasagne! :facepalm:

Although cracked is still useable - and i could always wrap it all in cotton wool :cool: :mad: - maybe just worth bearing in mind, Yu_Gi :oops: :D

I really fancy some lasagne, mushroom, lentil, beef-any!
But it'll end up being LG sauce and pasta maybe spaghetti carbonara depending what my nursemaid visitors make for me. I could murder a fish finger sandwich too but have none of the makings for one!
If your nursemaids can bring you stuff, surely they or we can procure you fish fingers, bread and a sauce of your choosing?

OU - you're prob right about the cracked lasagne! :facepalm:

Although cracked is still useable - and i could always wrap it all in cotton wool :cool: :mad: - maybe just worth bearing in mind, Yu_Gi :oops: :D

oh, i thought you were going to make her the lasagne then send it to her, like you do with the ethiopians.

Back
Top Bottom