Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Tonight is the roast lamb we should have had on Sunday. I've got some really nice gravy left over from last night as well so that can be sloshed on it :cool:

Tonight for tea, I present a Spanish-style chicken dish. I made a nice stock on Sunday evening, then yesterday I browned off some chicken thighs and drums before working on some sweet peppers, red onion and new pots. I combined these lovely ingredients together with the gorgeous stock, then added a tomato sauce based around the usual celery, onion and carrots, pepped up with some tabasco and chilli and some sweetness from a few other ingredients. It cooked with some bay and bouguet garni for a couple of hours yesterday, and today it'll be ready to feast upon. We're 6-7 for food tonight, so it'll be a busy teatime.

My lot preferred toad in the hole, curly fries and mushy peas to the "proper" food I make them eat usually. Still, it was my best ever toad in the hole so it's all good.

Continuing my daughter's favourite dinners theme, tonight we shall be eating spag bol.

If she doesn't demand macaroni cheese by the end of the week its the workhouse for her.

Tonight for tea, I present a Spanish-style chicken dish. I made a nice stock on Sunday evening, then yesterday I browned off some chicken thighs and drums before working on some sweet peppers, red onion and new pots. I combined these lovely ingredients together with the gorgeous stock, then added a tomato sauce based around the usual celery, onion and carrots, pepped up with some tabasco and chilli and some sweetness from a few other ingredients. It cooked with some bay and bouguet garni for a couple of hours yesterday, and today it'll be ready to feast upon. We're 6-7 for food tonight, so it'll be a busy teatime.

Is it ok to reheat chicken like that? :hmm:

can anyone help with a quick will-i-die question? chicken stock that's been in the fridge a week (still in the pan, with the bones :oops:) - okay to use or bin it?

oh. it smells wonderful, and it had quite a thick layer of fat on the surface which would have kept the air out if that makes any difference :hopeful:

i really want to make fran's lasagne.

Oooooooooh I'm torn, bob! :facepalm:

I *want* it to be alright, if that's any help?! :D

Change of plan here, cos The small girl had chicken noodle soup at her dad's last night :D - so we've plumped for chicken mayo and lettuce sandwiches.

I SHOULD pick some of the pathetic sweetcorn too, before it completely dries up, but it's windy out there and I can't be bothered. :( :oops:

hmm all of urban vs my mum (who says to use it)... i guess at least i can guilt trip her into running us all to hospital when required :D

Back
Top Bottom