Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I'm in hospital as I type, having just progressed to a low residue diet (fish and mash) from a clear fluid one (veg consomee) :(

I could murder for something more appetising this minute! :mad:

I'm in hospital as I type, having just progressed to a low residue diet (fish and mash) from a clear fluid one (veg consomee) :(

oh shit, i did not realise you were hospitalised. i hope it's nothing serious, stephj. get well soon. x

Hey stephj sorry to hear you are in hospital, hope you get better soon.

How are you managing to be both in hospital and on Urban75?

For supper tonight will be pasta bolognese. Sprog has already turned his nose up at it, but there are things they want to do on Sunday and I have said clearly, if you want Sunday to happen you WILL eat my pasta! Always with the negotiations are the sprog and I :)

How are you managing to be both in hospital and on Urban75?

I've sneaked my phone under the bedsheets :D

Not really, I got sent to a private hospital, and we have wi-fi and are allowed phones in our rooms.

It's a different world this private hospital business :eek:

Thanks little_legs.

I won't say anything here as it'll put people off their dinner ;) It's nothing serious as such, but very personal.

Best wishes, lovely! xxxx :) :cool:

I am STUFFED from my lunch, which was gorgeous....and then the scone my mum brought too.....but just for you, I will force down the last raspberry jam and cream doughnut later, too. :cool:

Oh well, if communications are still ok that is a good sign...

The last time I was in hospital they took everything including my belt :) probably not the same kind of hospital you are in :)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery...

I am off out to buy pasta n stuff !!

Homemade chicken soup (I've been a bit poorly, see).
The last soup I made wasn't as good as it could have been, so I had another try. This time, I remembered to use celery, and bought a small woodland free-range chicken and it was much more flavoursome.

Belly pork roasted with chilli, honey and cumin. Potatoes from the garden, cabbage with caramelised onions and baked butternut squash all washed down with lots of red wine. On the prowl for something chocolatey for pudding now....

Get well soon stephj!

Get well soon stephj!

Indeed :cool:

We just had Italian sausages fried with onions, aubergine, red and yellow peppers then cooked with a couple of tins of tomatoes until it all reduced down. Added a birds eye chili, cumin, turmeric, garlic and then some coriander at the end. Served over cous cous. It was GOOD. I can feel my cooking mojo returning. :)

It was going to be roast lamb with all the trimmings but I was far too hungover to cook it, so tea tonight was a cheese roll.

It will be chestnut bourguignon pie, with mash, carrots, broccoli, cabbage and gravy. Not sure about pudding - possibly some chocolate.

Chicken stuffed with cream cheese and mushrooms, roasted veg and new potatoes. It smells so good and we're famished after a long day in the garden.

everyone else's dinner sounds lush (especially moose's rhubarb pie!) not sure what to have but could do a bucatini amatriciana (sp?) as I bought some bucatini ages ago and haven't got round to using it yet.
Feeling a bit uninspired as its the first of 6 dinners on my own. Going to try and resist opening a LG for 1 sauce :D

everyone else's dinner sounds lush (especially moose's rhubarb pie!) not sure what to have but could do a bucatini amatriciana (sp?) as I bought some bucatini ages ago and haven't got round to using it yet.
Feeling a bit uninspired as its the first of 6 dinners on my own. Going to try and resist opening a LG for 1 sauce :D

I read that as bukkaki first of all :eek:

Back
Top Bottom