Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

How did it go?

just put them on to boil now, so will take note of adjusted times. i thought they didn't sound very spicy, but should do nicely for the kids, i'll do some as per the recipe and some with extra cumin and prolly some paprika. ooh maybe a bit of powdered garlic too.

<tentatively> how did the cabbage curry go qog?

i sometimes leave the chillis out completely when i'm cooking for the kids, then add them for us, it still tastes pretty good if you put plenty of cumin in, but without the heat.

It's the other way round in this house. I don't like chilli.

The heat. I don't see the point of eating food that hurts and I get a rash after I eat it :D
I don't do food that hurts either... make the chilli up with spices, but don't put the chilli powder/chillis in until you've taken a portion out for yourself (like bob said ;)) - will still be tasty.

Tuna pasta bake for dinner tonight. Done in the microwave using the non microwave setting.:hmm: I am highly suspicious of my microwave claiming that it works as an oven too.

Last night's jar of carbonara was minging, I must redeem myself tonight.

Doing my 1st Tapas tonight :) even got some proper little brown bowl type things too.

Menu consists of the classics, patatas bravas, chorizo in red wine, lovely tender beef strips in a lovely stock sauce, chick peas, fried breadcrumbed chicken strips, olives with feta cheese and sliced herb egg.

I even have a little 'T's Tapas' backdrop on the laptop I'm gonna display onto the telly box.

:cool:

Was gonna have some veggie burger and chips but I popped into Lidl on my way home and now I'm having pork/garlic/pepper sausages, spinach and spuds. Plus I have mini lemon cheesecake bites for snacking on later :cool:

Blimey - hope you like it.

I'm on the case about your birthday present - waiting for someone to get back to me :)

Had to go into town after school, so we had a KFC - mini fillet burger, two hot wings and chips for me, fillet burger meal for the boy (who'd prepared for the event by having nothing but a small bunch of grapes at school, the twat) and a popcorn chicken snack box for the girl.

I have to say it's quite nice to be home and all fed by half five, with no cooking and washing up needed too. :cool: :D

Just had an amazingly tasty, incredibly healthy tea - something I would have believed an oxymoron at one time.

Runner beans, courgette, peppers, chick peas, onion, chopped tomatoes, cumin, & mint out of the garden, cooked in a veg stock with a bit of chilli. With rice.

My 25 yr old self would have been asking where the bacon and cheese were.

A roast duck crown, with a slight char sui/hoisin marinade, on top of pakchoi and mustard greens in oyster sauce, on rice. Nice and simple really - just got to wait for an hour, bung the duck in the oven and then wait for the better half to arrive after Pilates really. I'll practice with my rice cooker on finger, but everything else can be ready in minutes really.

I just bought some eggs. I'm not that keen on eggs although I need them for baking ... but I might do some sort of baked omelettey type thing with roast veg and chips.

Back
Top Bottom