Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

No mrsfran lasagna here for us either, I can't find anywhere that sells lasagna sheets ffs. :mad: I reckon it's a good call on the stock, wayward bob.

We had pasta, home-made tomato sauce with frozen veggies sneaked in to give my husband some nutrition, and the kind of creepy popcorn chicken kind of things, a bit like nuggets I guess, but more fluffy.

No mrsfran lasagna here for us either, I can't find anywhere that sells lasagna sheets ffs. :mad: I reckon it's a good call on the stock, wayward bob.

We had pasta, home-made tomato sauce with frozen veggies sneaked in to give my husband some nutrition, and the kind of creepy popcorn chicken kind of things, a bit like nuggets I guess, but more fluffy.

I was going to say make your own (not that I ever have :D but I would if I had a craving to deal with!) but you probably can't get 00 flour either, eh? :facepalm: :D

Try with plain flour?

You'd kind of imagine that egg noodles would be made with a fairly fine flour, too. :hmm:

Most important thing I would think would be to knead it well and then just to roll it as thin as you possibly can (keeping your surfaces/dough well floured too).

Really not wanting to rub it in...but i'm having mrsfrans lasagne....already completed the hob section of it. Think this will be my 3rd time cooking it.

I think we'll have peppers stuffed with an assortment of mushrooms and bulgur wheat, and salad.

gorgeous sweet cherry tomatoes from the garden, big fat black olives, big chunk of runny brie and a hunk of baguette.

Oh, and very nice but cheap merlot....

Forgot to add the raspberries and blackberries with greek yoghurt for dessert.

I am one happily full felix *burp*

My mums been looking after me today as I'm a lopsided invalid so together we knocked up a tomato, red pepper and panchetta sauce which we had over pasta with plenty of Parmesan. Oat and raisin cookies for pudding.

oh. it smells wonderful, and it had quite a thick layer of fat on the surface which would have kept the air out if that makes any difference :hopeful:

i really want to make fran's lasagne.

i would make frans lasagne but theres so many better vegetarian options than puy lentils. I dont think its an example of a good vegetarian lasagne. I have to make one tomorrow, and have done many times with lots of roasted vegetables (takes longer though). I do however think its an excellent example of a vegan lasagne (exception ingredients considered)

i would make frans lasagne but theres so many better vegetarian options than puy lentils. I dont think its an example of a good vegetarian lasagne. I have to make one tomorrow, and have done many times with lots of roasted vegetables (takes longer though). I do however think its an excellent example of a vegan lasagne (exception ingredients considered)
*splutters and wees* :D

no offence! ha! i think i'd rather trust the opinions of those who have actually made it and ate it. maybe it's too complex in its simplicity for you :p

no offence! ha! i think i'd rather trust the opinions of those who have actually made it and ate it. maybe it's too complex in its simplicity for you :p

fuck off OU. always sitting on the fence. read the ingredients. I cook complex meals all the time, including vegetarians. frans veggie lasagne ones are shit and insulting to any vegetarian, who craves a decent lasagne.

i'm not sitting on the fence. i think it sounds lush. mrsfran knows what she is talking about.

you do sit on the fence. Obsessed with being popular, that is your obsession in life and its based on fear of being unpopular and its why I dont like you (but I do like your soul).

So I got fuck all respect for you OU. COOK IT AND JUDGE FOR YOURSELF, DOOFUS.

and if i'm sitting on the fence cos i take the opposite view to you, doesn't that mean you're also sat on a fence? only it's a crazy mixed-up fence that spans the border betwixt magic and insanity. or summat.

and so should you :)
haha at your wrongheaded madness. night night!

wronghanded because you are a conservative? did you vote that way? you are very conservative in your ethos?

difference between you and me is: i make decisions myself, based on my own opinions cos i am confident with them - you are scared of speaking out in case it makes you seem unpopular. I find that sad

But yeh, her lasagne recipe is shit unless you are a vegan and, as a good cook that experiments constantly, i dont need to cook it know that it is a MADE OF FAIL recipe

i would like to wholeheartedly disagree with you about your rather comical and false allegations (ME, SIT ON THE FENCE? HA!), yet i'm tired and am going to bed, you're clearly drunk, and this is the wrong thread for this type of discussion. but i think you're out of order for being so rude about someone else's recipe. goodnight.

i would like to wholeheartedly disagree with you about your rather comical and false allegations (ME, SIT ON THE FENCE? HA!), yet i'm tired and am going to bed, you're clearly drunk, and this is the wrong thread for this type of discussion. but i think you're out of order for being so rude about someone else's recipe. goodnight.

cant read it. you are probaly rite tho. Im on holiday and drunk!

and you are THE HIGH KING OF INVERNESS!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXX

still think that lasange recipe is shit tho. come on!!! im not gonna cook a succulent pork, beef and veal lasagne to my family and then have a separate, rubbish, carrot and puy lentil version for the veggies.......!!!:facepalm: there are better veggies we can use, and I have used them before GET REAL!!!!:D

But it's not a recipe just for vegetarians, it's entirely possible to just eat some meals which are meat free. :confused:

I want to try it cos I love lentils, and cos mrsfran's recipe has had so many people raving about it.

Sheo, making lasagna sheets myself is an admirable thought, though one I doubt I shall ever actually do, being something of a lazy cow. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom