Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Made an effort today: Cochinita pibil - delicious Mexican slow-cooked pork flavoured with allspice berries, annatto, cloves, cumin, peppercorns, and orange juice. In soft tacos with pink pickled onion, refried beans, avocado and coriander.

Attachments

• IMG_20240714_165128.jpg
    IMG_20240714_165128.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240714_165520.jpg
    IMG_20240714_165520.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 3
Tofu and carrot curry from the freezer and perfectly cooked brown basmati from the rice cooker.

The tofu curry froze really well and was if anything better than before. I could do with some more freezable veggie recipes really, wean myself off the farmers market ready meals which are delicious but high fat.

Also, if having curry I tend not to do a vegetable as it seems wrong to just do some peas or whatever and saag aloo is not going to happen. So I can at least add plenty of veg.

BoatieBird how do you do your tofu traybake? I've got a pack of tofu that needs using and fancy doing something other than curry.

Cut the tofu into cubes (the smaller the cubes the more crispy bits you get), choose your veg - tenderstem broccoli, baby corn, green beans, peppers, red onions, mushrooms - whatever you fancy.

Choose your flavourings. My favourites are Chinese 5 spice and roasted sesame oil or smoked paprika, garlic and EVOO

Mix it all up with your hands to get it all good and coated and stick it in a hot oven for 20-25 minutes.

Tofu and carrot curry from the freezer and perfectly cooked brown basmati from the rice cooker.

The tofu curry froze really well and was if anything better than before. I could do with some more freezable veggie recipes really, wean myself off the farmers market ready meals which are delicious but high fat.

Also, if having curry I tend not to do a vegetable as it seems wrong to just do some peas or whatever and saag aloo is not going to happen. So I can at least add plenty of veg.
We make (and freezes well) vegetable jalfrezi a lot - lots of peppers, onion, often add courgette, and tofu or seitan. I like the curry recipes from holycowvegan online for the sauces and spice mix’s.

Methi dal, brown rice, roast spiced cauli.

Fella made a big batch of double choc bramble-jelly-melty-middle muffins yesterday, so 2 of them with a decaff coffee. I've given up attempting to only eat 1 muffin. I just spend the entire evening hankering for another, so I might as well just fucking have the second one and enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom