Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

The plan is chilli and cheddar burgers with cheesy peasy tagliatelle. I have a sore throat and/or what feels like tonsillitis so might be a struggle eating it.
Liked for the food, not for the sore throat - hope you feel better soon!

Looking like a burger in a tiger bread roll, some pasta bake and finally not lettuce as it needs to grow back. Followed by a Skyr since we have some here finally. That and waffles (kid with ARFID) just vanish. As does ham come to think of it. Think we may exist on a sandwich or cooked sandwich inside a piece of carbohydrates primarily.

We're just debating what sort of takeaway we want - rare treat, looking forward to it :)
We went Indian in the end and had:
Chicken Bhuna
King Prawn Vindaloo
Onion Bhajis
Mushroom Rice
Saag Aloo
Tarka Daal
Chips

Didn't order any naan as we had half a baguette that needed using up, and the chips were so N could have a massive chip butty with the baguette and dip it in his vindaloo :D
There's enough left over for tomorrow if I make some fresh rice or get some bread to go with it.

Last edited:
I have to say, I usually use dried lentils, but having a couple of tins of cooked lentils in the cupboard is very useful for knocking up a really quick meal or quickly bulking out a stew or casserole at the last minute when the need arises.

I have to say, I usually use dried lentils, but having a couple of tins of cooked lentils in the cupboard is very useful for knocking up a really quick meal or quickly bulking out a stew or casserole at the last minute when the need arises.

Gonna do a lentil lunch tomorrow.... possibly a soup...

Usually add fried bacon but maybe something vegetable instead...

I know it's weird, but I really don't like the look of tinned lentils. I had some in the cupboard for years and couldn't bring myself to use them!

Anyway, part 2 of the cottage pie tonight, and it's gone onto next week's meal plan too. Stonking!

I ended up getting food out. I had banh mi ciabatta with slaw and wedges. It wasn’t amazing, I remember that from last time I went there. They have good marketing.

I think it's really bad they don't seem to give you any vegetables? What if you asked for veggie food?
Asking for the Halal option often works better in hospitals and on flights - tends to be much nicer veggie curries than the standard fare - not usually executed with culinary brilliance, but usually contains a good measure of vegetables and has a flavour.

Back
Top Bottom