Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

We had an early dinner at our local turkish restaurant.
We had hummus with fresh flat bread and a spicy walnut dip.
Halloumi with salad and olives.
Chicken shish with bulgar wheat, grilled peppers and a huge helping of chilli sauce.

Will have an almond magnum later for pudding.

We had an early dinner at our local turkish restaurant.
We had hummus with fresh flat bread and a spicy walnut dip.
Halloumi with salad and olives.
Chicken shish with bulgar wheat, grilled peppers and a huge helping of chilli sauce.

Will have an almond magnum later for pudding.

So jealous, it's no secret that I love that sort of meal :D

Oooh it's been ages since I last did a fish pie, I last made one when I was recovering from swine flu a few years back and it had affected my senses of smell and taste and I just didn't enjoy it :(
I used to make a good fish pie back in the day though, enough time might have elapsed now that I am starting to fancy it again!

Yesterday I did a Moroccan inspired chicken thing in the slow cooker with tomatoes, chickpeas, harissa and some smokey tagine paste (Aldi special buy iirc, it's good and smokey, would buy again).
We had it with couscous and there's loads leftover for the freezer.

Tonight it's meatball traybake - pork/garlic/ginger/honey meatballs with red onion, peppers, baby corn, chilli, ginger, sesame oil.

With garlic flatbreads because they need using up.

FEB (2x pork sausages, 2x rashers back bacon, 1x fried egg, chestnut mushrooms, baked beans, 1x fried slice) for me.
Veggie ADB (2x meat free Richmonds, 2x fried eggs, baked beans, fried tomato, 3x toast, chips) for N.

No photos for the FEB thread because in a slightly disastrous move, the yolk of my egg broke when it went into the pan, so it looked a bit of a mess. Tasty though!

Jollof rice - N will want his a bit hotter than mine so I'm going to make it then take some for myself to have with a roast chicken leg.
Then will add some more chilli and some prawns and/or fish to his so he can have it as a main and with the sort of heat level he likes.

Back
Top Bottom