Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Jollof rice - N will want his a bit hotter than mine so I'm going to make it then take some for myself to have with a roast chicken leg.
Then will add some more chilli and some prawns and/or fish to his so he can have it as a main and with the sort of heat level he likes.
Here's mine - jollof rice and a baked chicken leg with a spice rub.

IMG_20240724_011251_714.jpg

Might take a portion of my spag bol out the freezer for todays tea. Will decide with myself later. Bought 4 breadbuns and now you get 4 free . Am seeing wasted bread. No room in the freezer for them. Aw shut ya whinging.
Could you turn a bun into some garlic bread to go with your spag bol?
I hate it when bread is on a BOGOF, it seems like a good idea but it just leads to waste unless you're feeding the five thousand.
Just halve the price of a loaf/pack of buns ffs.

Aye good idea that will be one less wasted. Should of just took one bag of buns truth be told but the lady was adamant. Got ideas of using the rest for birds with coverings of bacon rind scraps to soak it in for them.

Aye good idea that will be one less wasted. Should of just took one bag of buns truth be told but the lady was adamant. Got ideas of using the rest for birds with coverings of bacon rind scraps to soak it in for them.
Bread pudding?
Breadcrumbs for something?

Crows decided no to bread pudding :) have mashed a few cloves in butter for the remaining bun for later. Will just take 4 next time i get some then scarper.

Mmm even i couldnt ruin that i suspect. My auntie am sure used to make that all the time but wasnt sure what it was called. She was married to a sicillian chap called Angelo . He worked away most of the time on merchant ships.

Mmm even i couldnt ruin that i suspect. My auntie am sure used to make that all the time but wasnt sure what it was called. She was married to a sicillian chap called Angelo . He worked away most of the time on merchant ships.
I feel sure there's a song, or at least a poem, in that! Maybe even a novel :)

Caccio e pepe is one of the best quick meals ever though!

Back
Top Bottom