Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Smoked paprika/caramelised onion/chickpea wholewheat wraps, with chipotle mayo, homemade guacamole (omg - sooo much nicer than any shop-bought shite), with lime-dressed Romaine.

Double choc ice cream with pureed brandy blackberries and crushed hazelnuts.

Miso soup with gyoza and spring greens. Preserved cabbage fluffy bun, silver thread fluffy bun.

I haven't had this since February when something went very wrong and it tasted awful, but I couldn't work out why. I tasted each time before adding anything this time and it was fine.

Most of my other meals this week have been beetroot tagine. Inspired by how easy and delicious the lamb tagine was that I made and took to my mother's on Easter day.

It's nice but a bit farty.

On Wednesday night I made a paella-inspired type thing.
Yesterday my parents took us out to The Real Greek for lunch for their lunchtime deals - I had lamb meatballs with tzatziki, bread, rice and Greek salad, and a glass of retsina.
Was going to share a filo, custard and cinnamon pie with ice cream with my mum but went in too fast and burned my tongue quite badly so ended up having a glass of metaxa to numb it a bit (worked a treat).

Tonight having veggie cottage pie based on this recipe:

Based on this recipe. Vegetarian cottage pie recipe | Good Food Took note of the comments, especially those saying it contains too much thyme.

Back
Top Bottom