Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Ocado gave us a free pack of bacon so that's been rendered and also added some finely chopped onion and garlic. An entire sweetheart cabbage has been shredded and that will be stir fried in shortly.

Meanwhile, some chips are airfrying.

Looking forward to this deconstructed bubble and squeak 😂

Edit: oh my word this was just with one sweet heart cabbage, could easily have eaten two.

IMG_20240330_175751.jpg

Last edited:
Excelled myself tonight for minimum effort. Chicken tikka from drum meat, sweetheart cabbage stir fried with a shit load of garlic and szechean pepper, naan and butter spiced rice. But from the freezer I pulled a coconut dahl markani and something I called vegan slop when labeling a long time ago, but turned out to be an awesome mixed bean and pepper curry. Now in a food coma.

Absolutely no idea, SO has a loaded pizza I am doing her and off to bed since insomnia hit last night, while having covid and it being the worst time of the month to do so. Will probably be something based around mini kievs since I spent 3 hours making stock last night, got hit by the combination of booze and benzos (yes I know) and then had a horrific hangover today, possibly with covid but if so its far less than the others are getting since it feels way more like a heavy cold than flu or covid. Those knocked me sideways for days and made me think I never had flu before despite being assured of it.

Tomorrow is cook day, I got loads of veg on the 15p offers, so we have a huge amount of potato to deal with and I want to try and make white cabbage edible for me somehow. Have bacon and loads of spare bits to dress it up. Maybe do a meatloaf with bits on the side.

Last night was delicious Indian meat patties, flatbreads and salad, followed by chicken curry and rice..

Tonight’s lamb shoulder is marinating in anchovies, garlic, salt and homemade preserved lemons and will be going into a low oven in an hour. Roast pots, parsnip, carrots with broad bean, pea and mint

Back
Top Bottom