Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Round 2 of my Bolognese sauce, although tonight I am going to cook some penne, make a cheese sauce, and turn it into a pasta bake.
Because I love a pasta bake and it changes it up from having the same meal 2 nights in a row.
Might also do some garlicky green or runner beans to go on the side (I need to cook up or at the very least blanch some of each anyway to freeze them before they start to look a bit sad, so I might just do garlicky beans with the whole lot and batch some up for freezer as well as having a portion tonight).

Char-paned Turkey Sausage, Onion, Garlic, Steamed Broccoli with Milky, Buttered, Whisked Mash, Salt 'n' Pepper to taste. 1st time cooking turkey sausage, they burn ops I mean "char" very quickly :facepalm:

View attachment 417005

That looks good, what were the turkey sausages like?
I'd have been tempted to go a bit more Close Encounters with the mash, but then I am easily amused :D

Last night but so much made.1000005949.jpg
Chili on the left, lasagne filling on the right
chili was at least 10 500ml portions btw.

1000005950.jpg
Lasagne so big the pan would not fit in any fridge or freezer we had.

1000005948.jpgdaughters ridiculously delicious cupcakes. She is being creative again so pleased.

Also missing a huge serving dish of salad I did with Romaine, iceberg, cheddar, garlic sauce, mayo, english mustard, jalapeno juice, black pepper, salt, msg, red and green jalapenos mixed plus a load of side dishes for those that fancied a wrap. Next is remake the bulk box of 1kg mexicanish seasoning to be mildly altered each new cook.

Last edited:
That looks good, what were the turkey sausages like?
I'd have been tempted to go a bit more Close Encounters with the mash, but then I am easily amused :D
They were nice, twice the price of pork though, I'm cooking them on a lower temp now, I steamed the pots & broccoli together that's why the mash is speckled green

Bit of a clusterfuck. Had planed to do a massive batch cook of turkey chilli, done loads of prep, but stuff happened and it failed. So now I've got to do that on a weeknight.

On the plus side the most recent bolognaise I made and had a portion left in the freezer is one of the best I've done. Added to some Aldi linguine (rapidly becoming my favourite pasta shape for bol) it was some pretty good eating.

Burgers tonight - N has been going on about the long discontinued BK Mushroom Double Swiss, so I'm going down that route.
His will be veggie - plant revolution soya based burgers.
I'll go meat version, with some additional streaky bacon.
Fries on the side. Oh also looks like N is going on a wander and might pick up a bag of onion rings from Iceland. And we have some chilli popper type things in the freezer also.

Last edited:
Made the huge vat of turkey chilli I meant to make last night. Used some random stock I found in the freezer I don't remember making and mashed some pinto beans that were well past their best, so overcooked them. One of those ones you could never recreate, but it was great. Chilli is such a forgiving thing to make, you can just chuck anything at it.

Back
Top Bottom