Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Rump steak
Oven chips
Peas
Red onions - raw
Red wine
Contemplating a couple of Galaxy chocolate bars for desert with green lemon tea..
(Might forego this depending on whether onion taste still lingering in mouth....) :)

I'm going to be doing prawn linguine (although it might actually be with tagliatelle or spaghetti depending upon what is in the pasta storage box!)
Garlic bread.
I also the other day thinking I was picking up the open bottle of white to add some to a sauce, accidentally opened a bottle of that pre-made mulled wine that my mum gave us at Xmas and we hadn't got around to drinking yet, so as it's open we might feel obliged to heat that up and drink it oh dear what a shame :D
We also might have either chocolate liqueurs with an orange liqueur filling, or some salted caramel sponge pudding type thing that is lurking in the cupboard that I keep forgetting exists. With custard.

I found some plantains when I visited Morrisons earlier so we had plantain, sweet potato and black eyed bean curry with chapattis. Only used one of the plantain too, so another one to use over the next couple of days

I've eaten three or four squares of 90% dark chocolate and now we're having some fruit, walnuts and cheese.

I fancy chicken supreme and rice.
Used to get that as one of those Vesta ready meal kits occasionally when I was a nipper :D
So a fair bit of nostalgia involved. I will however be making mine from scratch :D
Have a ton of mushrooms to use up fairly urgently so also making some mushroom stroganoff for N to heat up in the morning and have with some rice or pasta.

Had slow cooked beef last night with burnt ooasties, Yorkshires, peppery carrot and swede mash. But served separately so you could mes about wirh it. A beef, potato, mash and a thick amount of mustard in a wrap goes down nicely for example. Yes I was stoned, other people used cheese tho?

Roast chicken tonight and all the trimmings.

Weird side event, can anyone find French mustard? We looked for weeks

Anyway, tonight he's making Egyptian lentil soup, will have with a massive plain naan, then shooting out to see Ma Outlaw in yet another medical establishment.

Some kind of sweet stuff for afters, no idea what yet. Gonna have to go fucking Lidl on the way home too so I don't have to go over the weekend.

Did a whole Chicken the other day in the slow cooker, was left today with a succulent breast so I complemented it with a bed of steamed broccoli, carrots, garlic, onion & in the middle I built a heap of milky, buttered mask, topped with a pool of gravy spread generosity everywhere 1711653247644.png2024-03-28 at 19.08.05_39f84247.jpg

2024-03-28 at 19.08.03_b98cc371.jpg

Still have to find this out, SO is sick as fuck so was sent to bed with the last homemade lasagne after a smoke. Diagnosed covid-19 so not great lol. Everyone has been ill as fuck all day, the biggest achiever was my son who went to school at 11 with a negative test. Did manage to get the washing sorted, bins in, bathroom and bedroom sorted and vacuumed, dog all sorted (ty eldest for walking as much as you could) and SO who fed him. Had to wake her up like 15 times before 8pm, said just go to bed its fine, now sorting tesco. 15p potatoes!>!>! Think that will be a huge part of next week, stock to make tomorrow with 3 carcusses and whatever choppings are since I forgot to froze the last lot. Daughter at work tomorrow after negative test a minute ago and distancing. Training period so absences not ideal and gov recommendation surprisingly lenient.

Should be all the chinese style dumplings leftover, maybe 15. Like to do a proper pot sticker but its hassle. Failing that its something in a roll or a roll since we have 19 to get through lol.

Fried halloumi, couscous flavoured with chopped sundried toms, veg stock, and toasted pine nuts, and a vine tomato salad and watercress.

Couple of freshly baked vanilla muffins with milk choc chips in them and melty middles of homemade strawberry jam and a decaff tea.

Chicken stock is just finishing, 3 whole carcasses and 2kg of thigh and leg bones plus all the rest. Have 5x 15p potatoes, cabbage to experiment on and all kinds of things to mess about with. Boulangerie, popped potato, dauphinoise and potato dumplings to come.

This stock is ridiculous, took it from 16l to 8ish drained. So much lol. Very dark after I roasted the bones and drained all edit 6l

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom