Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Ended up not cooking last night and just had some crisps and chocolate.

Fakeaway of some sort tonight as N is definitely not working, just waiting for him to wake up enough to choose between Thai style, Sichuan type thing, or black bean and garlic sauce for his prawn stir fry.

EDIT: Sichuan type thing it is! They are all much the same in terms of cooking effort, and I like all 3 so was happy to leave it to him to choose.

Last edited:
Fella's making a big-arsed creamy vegetable soup, which we'll have with cheese on homebaked wholemeal 8 seed toasted bread.

Last of the fruitcake with a brew. Technically, the cake should last 7 days, but it's so lush we're lucky to get a 4th day out of it :D

This sounds good, recipe?

It is so good and super easy. The only thing I would say is that that recipe does not serve 2 people. It’s a big portion for 1. I would say doubled it would serve 3.

White fish fillets tossed in flour (seasoned with dried lime, salt and chilli powder) then fried. Served with a bake consisting of layers of baked courgette slices and a Gruyere and dill sauce - plus another side of rice with crispy bacon bits, onions, chopped Kalamata olives.

Puff pastry tart with beetroot and pesto (homemade with almonds, basil and garlic) tonight. Was ok but a little dry will add something (maybe just oil and balsamic syrup) to leftovers for tomorrow. But with a really nice salad of pea shoots (found on the street! - a few of them, packaged 😆), roast peppers and avocado with a maple syrup, mustard and garlic dressing.
Made a change from the very heavily chilli and garlicked tomato pasta I’ve been eating for last couple of days due to sniffles.

Back
Top Bottom