Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Tacos tonight. Thinking of trying a 'shaved' tofu thing I saw on social media (basically shave bits off the block and fry them for a sharwarma effect). plus guacomole, fried peppers, onions and mushrooms and cashew cheesey sauce. And maybe Pico De Gallo. A friend makes a great one, need to look up a recipe.

Miso soup with prawns, gyoza and kale, but something went wrong with it and it tasted bitter so I picked some bits out of it and gave up. This is particularly annoying as it's impossible to know what ingredient caused that so hard to know how to be sure of not repeating it.

Couple of steamed buns which were fine.

Tacos tonight. Thinking of trying a 'shaved' tofu thing I saw on social media (basically shave bits off the block and fry them for a sharwarma effect). plus guacomole, fried peppers, onions and mushrooms and cashew cheesey sauce. And maybe Pico De Gallo. A friend makes a great one, need to look up a recipe.
Didn’t make the pico as went to the pub and played card games instead. But the rest of this was awesome and the shaved tofu is a winner!

Trying the new family-sized Quorn "chicken" and leek pie. Have high hopes. With either mash or roast potatoes, carrots and kale. Got a craving for kale for some reason.

Last night I did choose-your-own tacos. Chicken strips, spiced roast sweet potatoes with feta, shredded lettuce, grated cheese, cucumber, plain yoghurt, pink pickled onions, a sort of chipotle veg medley (red pepper, fennel and courgette fried in chipotle and lime). Stuck it all on the table with the taco shells so people can grab what they want. It was really delicious.

Also knocked up a hot apple sponge as a last minute attempt to use up some underwhelming fruit. Also delicious!

Think I might make pizza tonight.

Not sure yet, was going to make Thai curry last night but realised I had no coconut milk. I have some now, but I’m tempted to do sausages, celeriac mash and shallot gravy again, like we had last Sunday. I think that celeriac resembles a shrunken zombie head and I can’t help but go, ‘brains! Brains!’ when I chop it up.

Haven't posted my tea for a few days, very slack!!! :oops:

Tonight I'm having Pigs in Blankets, Roast Potatoes, a couple of Stuffing Balls that I found in the freezer, Peas, and Gravy.

Wednesday: Remains of my Sichuan style chicken stir fry with some noodles stirred in, I really wish I'd done rice instead though because the noodles weren't all that - it was OK though
Thursday: Sausage & butterbean casserole (Hairy Bikers recipe) with basmati rice
Friday: Beef and mustard sarnie, fake Guylian hazelnut praline chocolate shells
Saturday: Penne all'Amatriciana (managed to microplane my finger when I was adding parmesan, ouch!)

So organised mrsfran. I could do with doing this for lunches. It might stop me eating too much bread.
You can do things to make it really easy for yourself - the roast peppers are from a jar, the couscous is a pre-flavoured packet, the kale was pre-chopped, all I really had to do was prep the chicken by covering it in yoghurt and Cajun spices, and fry it. Whole thing took half an hour.

Back
Top Bottom