Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I bought ten Romanesco plants in November and steamed the first one that I ate. Nothing to write home about tbh both its parent's broccoli and cauliflower taste better I thought. However, faced with a mini glut over the next weeks I googled some recipes and I must say that romanesco florets in parmesan in the air fryer is really delicious. Had it with hake in parsley sauce tonight .

Loas hot and sour pork rib hot pot. Perfect and has hopefully killed my cold. Lao cafe is becoming my favourite london restaurant, reasonably priced, great food and friendly service, the combination is becoming rare in london

The menu looks excellent!

Pasta with a choice of freezer foraged ragu - duck or beef.
There is about 1.5 servings of each but luckily Mr B is a wrong 'un who will be happy with half and half mixed together

No idea yet. I want baked potato; the kids won't. Have taken a couple of fish fillets out of the freezer, on the assumption that I'm just cooking for us three and not Mr K, but now he says he might be home for tea after all. Daughter has requested "something with eggs". Aargh!

No idea yet. I want baked potato; the kids won't. Have taken a couple of fish fillets out of the freezer, on the assumption that I'm just cooking for us three and not Mr K, but now he says he might be home for tea after all. Daughter has requested "something with eggs". Aargh!
What did you end up having? That all sounds exhausting. I’m glad I’m not responsible for other human beings.

Hilariously, I did all of it :D :facepalm: Baked potatoes with homemade coleslaw and a fried fish fillet for me and Mr K; salmon, new potatoes and salad for the boy; hardboiled egg, rice and salad for the girl.

Are the young'uns old enough to cook for you once a week yet? (I started at about 10 years old)
It's good practice for when they have to look after themselves later in life - and gives you a night off kitchen duty :D

How did you do it? What sort of flour did you use?
I used self raising flour, bicarbonate of soda and yoghurt. The recipe below. I didn’t do the garlic and herb butter. I just cooked them on a griddle pan.

Back
Top Bottom