Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I've gone off food a bit, which is shocking but I still need to cook for the others.
Orange oven dinner of fish fingers, chips and peas (for health). I've got ritz crackers if I fancy them.

That happens to me sometimes too, early last year I went through a period where I didn't feel like cooking or eating, I posted about it here - I've been feeling a bit like that again recently too, I wonder if it's a seasonal mood type thing? I also felt quite depressed and anxious at the same time.

This is what beige/orange freezer food is for.

Hope you get your food mojo back soon :)

Spaghetti with tomato, olive and tuna sauce from the freezer.

If that’s what I’ve taken out. I think there’s some pizza sauce in there too so if I’ve taken that out I might be having pizza with feta as that’s the only cheese I have.

Spaghetti with tomato, olive and tuna sauce from the freezer.

If that’s what I’ve taken out. I think there’s some pizza sauce in there too so if I’ve taken that out I might be having pizza with feta as that’s the only cheese I have.

Feta might not be the most traditional cheese to use on a pizza - but it is lovely and it works well in that setting

We were supposed to be eating together last night, but N was offered an extra night shift and took it, and I spent the day in bed, so we had our tea together this morning instead.

Chicken chasseur for me
A version with veggie sausages for him, I thought they would work in the same sort of sauce (with veg stock instead of chicken - it's no bother to make them separately)
Mashed potato (with a little olive oil, N is trying to cut down on the butter)

Mine was delicious, but I know what to expect because it's a meal I do probably at least once a month for myself.
N said his with the veggie sausages was fucking fantastic, so yeah it does work with veggie sausages :D

Last edited:
Getting the collective hair cut at 5.30 today, which means it'll be way too late to cook owt when we get home. Chippy tea it is then! Fish, chips and a tub of mushy peas for me.

Last of the shop-bought coffee and walnut cake. What a taste disappointment. I used to love this cake, but I have ruined me tastebuds for owt that isn't homemade now - it just tastes...chemically. Urgh.

I hope you already told yourself you looked nice tonight?
I was going to reply to this with something crude and vulgar (nothing directed at you might I add) but I thought better of it, like I might do if I had actual company this evening.

I look like I usually look for what it's worth, only I'm desperate for a shave but cba

I was going to reply to this with something crude and vulgar (nothing directed at you might I add) but I thought better of it, like I might do if I had actual company this evening.

I look like I usually look for what it's worth, only I'm desperate for a shave but cba
Is cba the new cbd?

I wish I had some drugs
Innit!

I've gone a bit nocturnal but in a bit I'll have the rest of my chicken chasseur from this morning, not sure whether to serve with rice on the side, or stir in some pasta - can never be arsed doing mash just for myself and either of those other options work well. Oooh I've also got a part baked baguette in the cupboard that needs using, so maybe that.

I'm also on my tod this evening, N is at work (nights). No drugs, have beer though.

We were supposed to be eating together last night, but N was offered an extra night shift and took it, and I spent the day in bed, so we had our tea together this morning instead.

Chicken chasseur for me
A version with veggie sausages for him, I thought they would work in the same sort of sauce (with veg stock instead of chicken - it's no bother to make them separately)
Mashed potato (with a little olive oil, N is trying to cut down on the butter)

Mine was delicious, but I know what to expect because it's a meal I do probably at least once a month for myself.
N said his with the veggie sausages was fucking fantastic, so yeah it does work with veggie sausages :D
Do you eat veggie meals occasionally so you only have to cook one dish?
Most people are happy to eat my vegetarian dishes.

He's out gigging tonight so I have a tiny freezer-foraged tub of 2 bean chilli, which I'll have with brown rice, cheese and Skyr.

One of the double choc/bramble jelly muffins he baked yesterday with a decaff tea.

Back
Top Bottom