Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I can't remember if I said about last night's which was an Ocado meal deal. Coquilles St Jacques followed by pork saltimbocca (was meant to be steak but last minute change of mind) and chips to which we added rocket and coleslaw. I then had the second of two tiramisu cakes.

Tonight we're having vegetable stir fry with cashew nuts and udon noodles.

I have my eye on a vegan magnum for after :hmm:

1) I don’t really mind the stalks, 2) it’s kale from my veg box delivery so the stalks are nice, so, yes.
Y'see, I'd go for that but the other half says kale is sheep food and is very reluctant to get into it even without stalks :(

ETA: He'll also.eat celeriac if it's been prepared for him but won't prepare it himself cos he says.its.pointless.

It’s not really a horse tranquiliser anyway. Well, it is, as it is indeed used on them, but it’s also used as a tranquiliser on other animals, including humans. Don’t know why the horse is singled out.

It’s not really a horse tranquiliser anyway. Well, it is, as it is indeed used on them, but it’s also used as a tranquiliser on other animals, including humans. Don’t know why the horse is singled out.

Maybe because they're big and it takes them down?

Interestingly Ketamine isn't used on humans often in developed countries anymore because of the visions patients report when coming round, but it's very easy to administer.

You’ve never made risotto before? How have you managed that?

I think because I've eaten some pretty indifferent ones I've never got round to cooking it, but my OH says she loves so I thought I'd read up on how to do it properly for valentines day. Except we both got to pissed, so it ended up being bolognaise from the microwave instead, so thought I should cook it tonight. :D

We're in Bruges this week so it's been a lot of eating out, but it's not easy to find vegetarian-friendly restaurants. Today we found a vegetarian Indian restaurant and had the best meal we've had here - pakora, aloo tikki, samosas, makhani dhal, paneer butter masala, garlic naan.

We're in Bruges this week so it's been a lot of eating out, but it's not easy to find vegetarian-friendly restaurants. Today we found a vegetarian Indian restaurant and had the best meal we've had here - pakora, aloo tikki, samosas, makhani dhal, paneer butter masala, garlic naan.
That sounds nice. I make pakora a bit too often for my health but I'm a big fan.
What is paneer butter masala?

Vaguely inspired by making a risotto tonight I ended up on weird wiki rabbit hole of different rice dishes. It's quite long!

Quite fancy the idea of making a chicken pilaf. Currently getting my head around how to cook chicken on the bone in rice, but make sure the chicken is cooked and rice doesn't turn to mush.

Back
Top Bottom