Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I'm having farmers' market shepherd's pie with spring greens. She seems to have boiled and sliced the potatoes this time instead of mashing so not sure it's technically a shepherd's pie but still nice.

Glass of home grown grape juice.

Last night was veggie haggis, veggie black pudding, neeps, tatties, whisky sauce, black bun for afters, not cooked by me.

Nothing, I am not cooking and no one else bothers. Fuck it.
I have days like that too, I do all the cooking - I mean it's fair enough because N works and I don't but I sometimes just feel like I'm sat at a conveyor belt of meal provision (and as much as I love cooking, that can suck all the joy out of it if you're not in the mood).
Tonight I got to a "fuck it, can't be bothered to cook for myself" point, then realised I'd already started soaking lentils so might as well just get on with it.

Last night was another misleading eastern tray bake, I had a spicy sausage with mine.. tonight big roast. MrShakes did a depressing 48 hour trip to UK to see his mum so is in need of comforting

2kg of pork and turkey mince in the slow cooker for bolognaise and freezer portions. Trying to be a bit low kcal and low fat beef mince is more expensive. Realised I had nowhere near enough tomatoes in stock for this, so threw a tin of minestrone soup in there as well. Still not enough liquid so I still had to go the dam shop.

Back
Top Bottom