Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

On Saturday I told Mr B he was responsible for dinner. He went over to see his mum in the morning and obviously turned to her for guidance.
He banished me from the kitchen and made pot roast beef, roast potatoes, yorkshire puds (not home made, but you can't have it all), veg and gravy.
It was a triumph!

He made enough to feed about 8 people so we had the leftovers yesterday, potatoes and veg fried up as bubble and squeak.

Tonight I'm going to do a chicken, chickpea and tomato traybake with lashings of hot smoked paprika.

Last edited:
We had Chinese style pulled chicken and oyster mushrooms slow cooked in soy/honey/ginger/garlic/chilli paste etc yesterday, so just had to prep the rice and pak choi to serve. Had so much time on my hands I had s hot bath and a face mask before tea :D

Last edited:
Tesco tried to fob us off with things claiming to be “venison grills” instead of the ostrich steaks that had been ordered. We rejected them. The delivery man said they would be free if we would only take them off his hands.

Fried and eaten just now (the evening meal is getting earlier and earlier), with leftover boiled potatoes and peas, they were very salty but otherwise more or less flavour-free, with the texture of cheap burgers. We serenaded them to the tune of que sera sera with the “will it be mushrooms, fried onion rings, hope it’s chips, chips, chips” lyrics that they deserved.

Still, free food.

Pork chop for me, tuna steak for OH.
Roast potatoes.
Roast cauli and steamed sprouts for me. OH doesn't like those and was going to have some olives and cucumber, but I located some broccoli that needs using

Day before payday and the Big Shop, so it's a simple tea of wholewheat spaghetti tossed in EVOO/chilli/garlic, with blackolives, sundried toms, and a lathering of parmesan.

Last square of ginger cake with blackberries and a decaff tea. Perhaps a little bit of choccy too, cos the squares are quite small.

The usual veggie and bean stew, but with chia pudding for dessert - chia seeds, cocoa made with boiling water topped up with unsweetened soy once it had fluffed up.
If I'm going to have extra calories, let them boost my omega 3...

Back
Top Bottom