Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Prepped a gratin of celeriac, sweet potato and squash with rosemary, goats cheese and walnuts in cream. All bubbling away nicely then look at the recipe and its not a 45 minute bake but 1 hour 45. I got up at 4am and needed to get kids to bed so instead we had microwaved jacket potatoes. Still, gratin is now ready for tomorrow to have with veggie sausages, so all works out in the end!

I am a big fan of smoked paprika sojourner, can't get enough of the stuff!
I'm using this one atm Smoked Paprika - Hot

Tonight we're having burgers in brioche buns, I'll have smoked cheese in mine.
Wedges (with paprika!) to go with them.
Ooo posh! I just use any old one :D

It's what I use for my spicy chickpea wraps - very liberal dusting of it over the frying chickpeas, nom!

Wasn't expecting to make it to jiu jitsu, so started cooking various meals for tonight and the next few days, but now I am going so that'll all have to wait till tomorrow. Had a quick first tea of cheese, half a slice of bread and some minestrone soup just now and I've got a frozen fish pie to heat up along with some cabbage and leeks when I get back.

Baked spud with cheese and more of the coleslaw, also some veggie hotdogs from Lidl which were... interesting? Not bad, wouldn't go out of my way for them again I don't think.

Cup of decaff tea and some apple stollen bites. I didn't get any stollen or panettone or anything much in the way of festive treats at Xmas because I had noro before and the shops were out of them afterwards, so I feel a wrong has been righted.

Going to try the

Braised greens with chickpeas and almonds​

from here

Decent recipe this, but not so photogenic. Takes about an hour to put together but thankfully (considering the author) no obscure ingredients. I had to make up some of the greens with broccoli. Worth a go if you're looking for something veggie. Yotam says the traditional version has tomatoes rather than yoghurt. Would probably do that next time.

The Polish restaurant was delicious, I had sour soup followed by beef roulade and cucumber pickles.

Today we went out for lunch pre-theatre, to a Portuguese place. We had roasted cauliflower with yoghurt and pistachios, a delicious green rice, garlic mushrooms, and chicken, and the most incredible pastel de nata for pudding.

For tea, I'm doing fancy toasties. Calabrian bread, Parma ham, double cream brie, tomatoes and red onion. Mozzarella, tomato and pesto for daughter.

Prepped a gratin of celeriac, sweet potato and squash with rosemary, goats cheese and walnuts in cream. All bubbling away nicely then look at the recipe and its not a 45 minute bake but 1 hour 45. I got up at 4am and needed to get kids to bed so instead we had microwaved jacket potatoes. Still, gratin is now ready for tomorrow to have with veggie sausages, so all works out in the end!
We had the gratin last night and it was very nice, though would have been better eaten without reheating. Carnivore daughter ate the veggie hot dog without noticing :oops:

Tonight was another Rukmini Iyer recipe, tandoori salmon roasted with sweet potatoes. Had some paratha in the freezer so a pretty easy and tasty tea.

Cumberland sausages with bacony/oniony/garlicky/chilli-flakey green lentils.

(Previous 2 days I had leftover turkey thigh stewed with bacon, potatoes, sprouts, broccoli etc. still using up leftovers, and yesterday had a burger, because sometimes after cooking a lot for days you just want to go "fuck it")

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom