Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Everyone finally was in decent enough health to have our Xmas Redo!!!

The gettogether we were supposed to have on Xmas Day but got postponed due to fucking COVID.

Starter/Lunch:
Fried halloumi
Salad
Yoghurt mint dip
Olives
Other cheeses
Fresh baguette from the shop round the corner

Main:
Baked salmon
Pigs in blankets (Quorn based ones for the pescetarians, pork sausages and dry cured streaky bacon for me)
Roast spuds (King Edwards)
Yorkshire pudding
Honey roast parsnips and carrots
Sage & onion stuffing
Cauliflower cheese (I fully roasted the cauli before adding the cheese sauce and putting it back in the oven and everyone reckoned it was delicious done that way, well worth the effort)
Brussels sprouts
Purple sprouting broccoli

Bottle of nice Italian red for the drinkers, tea and coffee for the others.

Mince pies and cream for afters.

All stuffed now.

Everyone finally was in decent enough health to have our Xmas Redo!!!

The gettogether we were supposed to have on Xmas Day but got postponed due to fucking COVID.

Starter/Lunch:
Fried halloumi
Salad
Yoghurt mint dip
Olives
Other cheeses
Fresh baguette from the shop round the corner

Main:
Baked salmon
Pigs in blankets (Quorn based ones for the pescetarians, pork sausages and dry cured streaky bacon for me)
Roast spuds (King Edwards)
Yorkshire pudding
Honey roast parsnips and carrots
Sage & onion stuffing
Cauliflower cheese (I fully roasted the cauli before adding the cheese sauce and putting it back in the oven and everyone reckoned it was delicious done that way, well worth the effort)
Brussels sprouts
Purple sprouting broccoli

Bottle of nice Italian red for the drinkers, tea and coffee for the others.

Mince pies and cream for afters.

All stuffed now.
Nice one :thumbs:

Yesterday was a desperation tea of wholewheat fusilli with freezer lemon and parsley pesto and freezer runner beans. It was really good.

I should make that pesto more often as you can do it any time of year with those big bunches of flat leaved parsley. The other ingredients are just lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and walnuts (or pine nuts if feeling rich).

Back
Top Bottom