Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Just a duck breast so far.

I have all the stuff to make more of the lush soup I did recently but that won't be ready for ages and I've come down with a bad case of CBA-itis :oops: Might roast some tatties and other veg in the marinadey duck juicey pan from last night. Might just have toast and baked beans or soup from a tin :hmm:

I've been wanting Sichuan chicken and egg fried rice all week but it's a lot colder in the kitchen than it is in here, and the idea of spending ages out there chopping stuff and then having a source of heat for a few minutes while I fry everything simply isn't working for me right now :(

I have come up with another plan however, I'm going to make a chicken chasseur which is a longer slow cook type deal, have with rice tonight, then tomorrow I am going to add some cream cheese, cook some penne, grate some cheddar on top, and have round 2 as a pasta bake.

Sorry, this isn't at all helpful, but I hadn't thought of doing fried rice with some of the duck and I have an almost unlimited supply of free eggs plus some veg that'll work well with it, so thanks for the idea Epona

Last night Mr K made delicious burgers and chips.

Tonight, I'm thinking maybe lots of different dishes that people can pick and choose from. We've got loads of veg, of all kinds, plus bacon and various bits hanging around in the fridge that need using. Plus I have a new Ottolenghi cookbook to explore :hmm:

I've got some venison stir-fry strips, but I think I'm going to try them in a traybake :hmm:
Along with tenderstem broccoli, red pepper and green beans, flavoured with garlic and plenty of black pepper.
Served with rice.

I opened the venison last night and it was off, absolutely stank and had us all heaving 🤮
So we ended up with pizza from the freezer.

I think I'm going to make a lentil lasagne tonight

Back
Top Bottom