Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Roast veg and tofu I think. Deciding how healthy I want to make it. Baked is clearly healthier. Fried is so much nicer.

Airfryer?
I'm hoping to give this a try at the weekend

Been shopping with mum and I'm trashed. Charlie Bighams Spanish chicken and potatoes, this is my fave of all of that range. I'll also chop up a courgette and roast it and maybe put sliced tomatoes on the top before I bake it, because the portion size isn't huge. I'm doing the 'cutting down on ultra processed foods' thing and I was so pleased to see that this doesn't have any in it. Bonus is being able to burn the box in the fire afterwards.

I've got some leftover chicken thighs which have been marinating in yoghurt and spices in the fridge for 2 days (will I die? Should be ok I think).
I think I'm going to bake them on a high heat and have with rice - it's the sort of thing I'd have with a salad in warmer weather, but as it's so cold I think I might go for some stir-fried veg (mushrooms, peppers, onions) instead.

Kitchen foraging. So whatever I can find that doesn't require buying anything. Glad I made a lot of homecooked meals, stocked up on frozen, tinned veg, rice and pasta as we are stuck with what we have for some time now.

Airfryer?
I'm hoping to give this a try at the weekend

I don't have one, but that flour/oil thing is the way you make it tasty that's for sure.

This is pretty awesome as well, I used to use the deep fryer for the tofu, but that's been put away until I'm a fair bit lighter

Fridge clean out pasta sauce: one skin on chicken thigh, half a tin each of beans and chopped tomatoes, few olives and sundried tomatoes out of nearly empty jars, handful of mushrooms, and some frozen spinach. Cooked down for a few hours with herbs, stock and whatnot, then pulled all the chicken off the bone. Pretty good and now there's more room in the fridge for the next set of miscellany :thumbs:

Found bacon, potatoes and double cream, plus I literally just cleaned the mandoline so big thing of dauphinoise and yet more washing up. Eldest's turn today so if he doesn't get a move on he can wash that too, then roast some carrots and corn on the cob

Back
Top Bottom