Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Traybake. I was worried about some sausages that have been in the fridge for a long time*, but they were delicious. Also included: Celeriac, red onions, garlic, sweet potato.

Pan scrapings tomorrow or midnight tonight. :D

* Hopefully no harm done.

We bought some of the nice Lidl vegetarian festive/alternative roast dinner main item type options in our pre-Xmas shopping visit there, so we'll be having some of those in a roast dinner type situation.
Mature cheddar, spinach and onion wellington for OH
Creamy mushroom and tarragon pie for me.
Roast spuds
Broccoli
Maybe some roast parsnip if we have any left, for me as OH hates the things - and I might have some peas too (he will be more than happy with lots of broccoli :D ).
Might do some stuffing, we seem to have stocked up well on packet stuffing so no reason to not have some :D

Tonight we're eating up odds and ends, it's meatballs, gravy, and lots of veg.

Tomorrow we've got squid, a la plancha. Or maybe we'll cook it in olive oil with some garlic and chill. Or with spring onions, garlic, and chilli. The more I think about it the less sure I am beyond it'll be squid.

Tonight we're eating up odds and ends, it's meatballs, gravy, and lots of veg.

Tomorrow we've got squid, a la plancha. Or maybe we'll cook it in olive oil with some garlic and chill. Or with spring onions, garlic, and chilli. The more I think about it the less sure I am beyond it'll be squid.

I'm partial to a bit of squid, last time I cooked some it was squid stifado which is also nice, if you like Greek food! Goes well with spanakorizo (rice with lemon, spinach, garlic and dill).

What is this about - mine are the same and it makes a total song and dance out of what is an easy, cheap, individualized, tea! We had this argument again on returning home tonight and ended up with beans on toast when baked spuds would have been miles better :rolleyes:
I find I tend to be way less excited about jacket spuds than most other people, not sure why. OH loves the things, some weeks he just wants jacket spuds all week.
I mean they are nice enough, but I don't want to eat them too frequently.
Butter and cheese is my main go to filling, with a green or Greek style salad and coleslaw on the side.
But not massively exciting to me, I prefer spuds done in most other ways :oops:

Back
Top Bottom