Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I'm cooking curry tonight! This will be a good 2 or maybe 3 days worth of food btw :D
Chicken biryani for me
Prawn & white fish biryani for OH
Saag Aloo
Tarka Daal
Raita
Naan bread (shop bought)

Yes, we are triple-carbing it in style :D
Had a lovey triple carb recently, macaroni cheese, roasties, rice and peas (+ veg, stuffing so extra carb light) with roast lamb.

I also would have made a sangwich from the plate but had no bread.

Leftover rice and kidney beans from a few days ago and a warm up Indian cauliflower thing.

Too much scotch bonnet in the rice and peas. First time I have used it. Too much coconut milk in the rice and peas, too. First time I have made it. Loads left. :rolleyes:

Spag bol from the freezer. I've been trying to avoid pasta this year as I'm trying to loose a few pounds and I can really overeat on it, but I'd been for a run and was bloody starving. I told myself I'd only have a 100g of pasta, but their was 137g left in the pack and you can't leave 37g.

Spag bol from the freezer. I've been trying to avoid pasta this year as I'm trying to loose a few pounds and I can really overeat on it, but I'd been for a run and was bloody starving. I told myself I'd only have a 100g of pasta, but their was 137g left in the pack and you can't leave 37g.
The recommended amount is 75g per person. It's fuck all!!

Got hold of some beef sausages and its vile freezing fog here, so toad in the hole with mash, veg and gravy. Proper rib-sticking stuff. Nothing for afters other than a contented sigh and a wobble off to bed.
I absolutely adore beef sausages.

At the moment I’m really into specific ones a cpl of Urbs recommended from a butchers in Bethnal Green - the Bethnal Green Bangers, absolutely stunning sausages.

Celeriac and mushroom stew is a thing of beauty. Broth style, with chunks. Onions, garlic, a veggie stock cube, that sort of thing.

Anyway, I had Lidl veggie sausages (3 days out of date, please tell my family it was that if I die), stewed red cabbage with apple and juniper berries, and garlic mash.

Toad in the hole with pork & leek sausages. The thought of making gravy feels like far more work than I know it is, so gonna traybake some baby leeks with the last marrow and tomatoes and stir a bit of stock cube into the juices and dump that on top of the toad instead.

Got a load of duck breasts and legs marinating in a char siu-ish mix now that I'll chuck in the oven at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom