Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Home made falafel, tahini sauce, roast sweet potato and salad.

I accidentally added wheat gluten to the falafel mix instead of gram flour. Luckily I noticed before I mixed it in and managed to remove most of it. In my defence they look very similar and were in almost identical packets. Still turned out well.

I've been thinking about this for a while - would anybody like to join me in a recipe book challenge? I have recipe books and I skim them, maybe make one thing from them, usually not quite as per recipe, and then never open them again. I was thinking once a week make myself cook something as exactly as possible from one. Or an online recipe I guess. I think it would help expand my repertoire.

I also have a shelf full of barely used cookery books RubyToogood, so I'd be up for the challenge!
I could work my way along the shelf from left to right cooking something from each book.

Tonight we've got Pork fillet, rolled in some sort of spice and roasted in the oven along with some beetroot that needs using up.
Veggie rice to go with it and I'm going to make some salsa too as we've hit peak tomato in the greenhouse and a friend also gave me some of her tomatoes and chillies.

She also gave me two enormous marrows, so I can feel guilty when I chuck them on the compost heap instead of her :D

Last edited:
I might skip tea tonight, I had lunch earlier and am feeling knackered and not particularly inspired.
I don't feel hungry or as though I need or ought to eat atm, if I do feel peckish later I can do myself some linguine cacio e pepe as a quick snack!
Certainly not going to make any major cooking plans or start defrosting anything :D

Huge pan of the ok bits of tatties that had started rotting after being chewed by ducks :mad: Runner beans. Houmous. Smug homegrown fig. Bit of batter from the cake I'm about to make, because the last one almost rose right out of the tin but I cba reducing the recipe down to fractions of lemons and eggs.

Back
Top Bottom