Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Not sure, seems we got 6 things, somehow between 3 people that means I get 2, SO gets 3 and son gets 1. Not sure how that math works out especially when I was the one that asked for it for me...

All of the food and the meals that I have planned are not designed for this hot weather, so I'm choosing the least hot option even though it means putting the oven on! Posh cheesy chips - wedges, baked camembert, steamed French beans tossed in wild garlic butter, pea shoot salad.

Last wedge of fruit cake tonight.

All of the food and the meals that I have planned are not designed for this hot weather, so I'm choosing the least hot option even though it means putting the oven on! Posh cheesy chips - wedges, baked camembert, steamed French beans tossed in wild garlic butter, pea shoot salad.

Last wedge of fruit cake tonight.
I've had the oven on all afternoon :facepalm: but at least I shouldn't have to think about food or cook again for a few days.

Already done a big tray of mixed roast squash and a separate one of beetroot. Got a courgette and lemon drizzle cake in the oven now (finally!) but once that's done I'll stick some of the cooked squash in a frittata with broad beans and chard, to use up some of the egg mountain. Might do some runner beans too. Cake after :thumbs:

Changed my mind, frittata will be better after it's been left to sit for a day. Just had about a pound of raw runner beans dipped in houmous and there's a kipper in the fridge that I'll really quickly fry in a bit of butter. Might bake some tatties if I can face having the oven on much longer.

Leftovers, so I do not care whose is what and what is leftover (family house not a shared house and I made most of it). If it needs to go it will be so they have til 9, which is after they all eat, then I am making a mess of whatever is left and eating it.

Looks likely to be, chili, little gem lettuce, jalapenos, jarred guac, rolls, rice. The something with pork belly tomorrow since I can't be arsed with that tonight, fancy doing burnt ends but BBQ needs a clean and I am lazy during the week unless I can be fussed to find something with the air frier involved.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom