Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Leftovers from last night's Chinese Fakeaway.

I did a stupid and left the (electric ring) hob on low for 4 hours after I'd finished reheating mine, it's so rare that I do that sort of thing that I feel quite cross with myself.
It's too hot and expensive to be doing that.

Part 2 of the rice noodle salad. It's like a stir fry in mysteriously expanding when assembled.

You put some rice noodles down, probably about half what you'd have if you were making pasta, add a few vegetables, toasted nuts, herbs, whatever protein you're having and suddenly you have a gigantic washing up bowl full of food.

Last night we had spicy airfried vegetables with cous cous. Perfect for low effort low heat food and we ate the lot.

Tonight it'll be something with the cauliflower and red peppers.

Iceberg dressed with rendered belly fat, salt and pepper, thin sliced mozzarella, pork belly, baby potatoes tossed in butter and chives

Looks like lots of sauce but thats actually mozarella underneath with some pecorino on top with a drizzle of garlicy sauce. 20230907_222519.jpg
edit: wow this looked smaller on mobile

Last edited:
Wholegrain rye bread with posh cultured butter I apparently bought while my brain was melting from the heat earlier, lemon and dill rollmops, smug homegrown tomatoes, fresh cucumber, garlic and fennel pickled cucumber, garlic and herb soft cheese, Norwegian brown cheese. Pot of tea. An apple

I was supposed to be doing that broccoli and black bean traybake for mates, but fuck that. We'll sweat our collective knockers off if that oven goes on! So it's leftover harissa veg and black-eyed bean stew with brown rice instead. Brownies and strawbs for afters.

I cannot be fucking arsed to bother to continue sustaining myself at this point, so low alcohol beer (am making some headway with cutting down/giving up, but am back on the LA at the moment), tears and disappointment.

Last edited:
BBQ tonight!
Chicken and veggie kebabs, salmon, steak and hot dogs - with Turkish style roast potatoes, coleslaw and salad.

Managed to get some punnets of strawberries for 21p, so will have them with strawberry ice cream and meringue kisses.

Planning on something with fresh tagliatelle, probably carbonara. I have a full proof recipe for this which has been done for a long time and it was requested I make it..

Couldn't make the pasta as I broke the crank for the pasta machine somehow. Hands too bad to do it from scratch that way at the moment.

Wanted to do papparadelle but less choice from a supermarket. Main thing is my recipe does not like my SOs include chicken. Cos its carbonara. So I'm making someone else's recipe cos my different recipe turns out better? Lol. Going to flatten the thighs we have take the skins off for crisp things after cooking and pick the best meat for adding when emulsifying then eat the rest as I go.

Planning on something with fresh tagliatelle, probably carbonara. I have a full proof recipe for this which has been done for a long time and it was requested I make it..

Couldn't make the pasta as I broke the crank for the pasta machine somehow. Hands too bad to do it from scratch that way at the moment.

Wanted to do papparadelle but less choice from a supermarket. Main thing is my recipe does not like my SOs include chicken. Cos its carbonara. So I'm making someone else's recipe cos my different recipe turns out better? Lol. Going to flatten the thighs we have take the skins off for crisp things after cooking and pick the best meat for adding when emulsifying then eat the rest as I go.
If you buy fresh lasagne sheets you can cut them into pappardelle (or any of the other strippy variations). For next time.

Back
Top Bottom