Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

If you buy fresh lasagne sheets you can cut them into pappardelle (or any of the other strippy variations). For next time.
Yeh it cost more which annoyed me lol. Like 25% more for it to not be cut? No.
We will try it with this cos it's less effort than I'll get a new pasta machine, it lasted 8 years of heavy usage. Love fresh pasta, dumpling wrappers, bread etc.

We will try it with this cos it's less effort than I'll get a new pasta machine, it lasted 8 years of heavy usage.
Might be able to buy just a new crank online somewhere, if it's built/broken in a way that would be possible to replace it

Yeh it cost more which annoyed me lol. Like 25% more for it to not be cut? No.
We will try it with this cos it's less effort than I'll get a new pasta machine, it lasted 8 years of heavy usage. Love fresh pasta, dumpling wrappers, bread etc.
Yeh the supermarkets prob got wise to Jamie Oliver suggesting you cut it yourself and upped the price for uncut 😡

Yeh the supermarkets prob got wise to Jamie Oliver suggesting you cut it yourself and upped the price for uncut 😡
Would not surprise me, they did for every single cheap meat I used. Free butchers bones for stock, skin for crackling etc (that requires booking ahead now and paying, bonkers).

Things got trendy and cheap was more expensive than other stuff sometimes now. Oxtail, brisket, flank, bla bla all went right up

Well apparently even if I cheer up enough, the answer will be fuck all because I asked OH to buy 2 things on his way home from work this morning, one of which was a bag of new/baby potatoes.
He went to the supermarket and apparently bought loads of stuff for himself, but not the sodding potatoes that I asked for.
Fuck my life.

Also thank you for the kind messages. I'll be alright, I always am. Thank you for caring it means a lot.

Well apparently even if I cheer up enough, the answer will be fuck all because I asked OH to buy 2 things on his way home from work this morning, one of which was a bag of new/baby potatoes.
He went to the supermarket and apparently bought loads of stuff for himself, but not the sodding potatoes that I asked for.
Fuck my life.

Also thank you for the kind messages. I'll be alright, I always am. Thank you for caring it means a lot.
It would do my head in!

It would do my head in!

Now I'm going to have to go to the supermarket during Sunday opening hours tomorrow and buy them with what little cash I have (I don't have any income) if I want a dinner with potatoes. It shouldn't be this fucking hard, right? None of it should.
Apparently he managed to buy a litre of cheap brandy which wasn't on the list, but no effing potatoes.

Now I'm going to have to go to the supermarket during Sunday opening hours tomorrow and buy them with what little cash I have (I don't have any income) if I want a dinner with potatoes. It shouldn't be this fucking hard, right? None of it should.
Apparently he managed to buy a litre of cheap brandy which wasn't on the list, but no effing potatoes.
It's hard yes, you should be able to trust him to get what he needs to get. And if he doesn't get it, to give you the cash to go and buy it plus travel.

It's hard yes, you should be able to trust him to get what he needs to get. And if he doesn't get it, to give you the cash to go and buy it plus travel.

I mean he is ADHD but I text him a list every time I know he is going to the supermarket (he stops off there on the way home from work in the morning to use the loo and doesn't like to do that without buying something) so all he needs to do is look at what I have asked him to buy. I mean our text convo went like this, these are the last messages: Me at about 5am this morning "Please pick up low alcohol beer and potatoes when you are in Morrison's" Him "Sure, beer potatoes, soda pop". Me this evening "Where did you put the potatoes?" Him "Oh shit I forgot to buy potatoes" I mean seriously For fucks sake.

I mean he is ADHD but I text him a list every time I know he is going to the supermarket (he stops off there on the way home from work in the morning to use the loo and doesn't like to do that without buying something) so all he needs to do is look at what I have asked him to buy. I mean our text convo went like this, these are the last messages: Me at about 5am this morning "Please pick up low alcohol beer and potatoes when you are in Morrison's" Him "Sure, beer potatoes, soda pop". Me this evening "Where did you put the potatoes?" Him "Oh shit I forgot to buy potatoes" I mean seriously For fucks sake.
Wow that must be frustrating. Baby pots are on offer at tesco for like 79p a kilo if that's a nearby supermarket and you have a club card

Wow that must be frustrating. Baby pots are on offer at tesco for like 79p a kilo if that's a nearby supermarket and you have a club card

It's not nearby unfortunately.

We have 3 branches of Iceland, a Co-op, and a Morrisons. The Morrisons is furthest away but the best of the bunch, but requires a bus back when laden with shopping.
Not going out anywhere tonight, just going to sit and quietly seethe.

It's not nearby unfortunately.

We have 3 branches of Iceland, a Co-op, and a Morrisons. The Morrisons is furthest away but the best of the bunch, but requires a bus back when laden with shopping.
Not going out anywhere tonight, just going to sit and quietly seethe.
That's not the best for cheap veg unless frozen. Morrrisons down to a quid a kilo, coop is £1 per 750g, coop is £1.25 / 750g

That's not the best for cheap veg unless frozen. Morrrisons down to a quid a kilo, coop is £1 per 750g, coop is £1.25 / 750g

And add £1.75 bus fare back when going to Morrisons, which is usually why I text OH a bloody shopping list to pick stuff up on his way back from work, cos he caps out on travel costs every day and goes in there anyway to use the loo, so it makes sense for him to pick up small amounts of shopping, as long has he doesn't bloody forget one of the two items I ask him to pick up 😭

And add £1.75 bus fare back when going to Morrisons, which is usually why I text OH a bloody shopping list to pick stuff up on his way back from work, cos he caps out on travel costs every day and goes in there anyway to use the loo, so it makes sense for him to pick up small amounts of shopping, as long has he doesn't bloody forget one of the two items I ask him to pick up 😭
Yeh definitely makes no sense to go yourself. We have a shared shopping list messenger chat just for shopping so if anyone is in somewhere they can grab whatever it is / add it to the tesco delivery. Is delivery available/feasible there? We pay like £7 a month which is about the same per trip as your bus would be and they do actually turn up with what we ordered consistently. Actually I paid the entire years worth of deliveries from tesco reward points so it worked out well when I noticed that.

Really he should be getting these things of course just thinking it may eliminate the stress of it and extra bus fees.

Yeh definitely makes no sense to go yourself. We have a shared shopping list messenger chat just for shopping so if anyone is in somewhere they can grab whatever it is / add it to the tesco delivery. Is delivery available/feasible there? We pay like £7 a month which is about the same per trip as your bus would be and they do actually turn up with what we ordered consistently. Actually I paid the entire years worth of deliveries from tesco reward points so it worked out well when I noticed that.

Really he should be getting these things of course just thinking it may eliminate the stress of it and extra bus fees.

No reduced to clear shelf when ordering online ;)

No reduced to clear shelf when ordering online ;)
We must have very different supermarkets, I find they took 6p off something I was not looking at to begin with lol. Great this £12 piece of fish is now turning and is £11.94? Hard pass, they don't tend to reduce anything I am actually looking at or its so little its not worth it. Then again I don't go to any of those you listed lol. Tesco, Sainsburys and LIDL here.

We must have very different supermarkets, I find they took 6p off something I was not looking at to begin with lol. Great this £12 piece of fish is now turning and is £11.94? Hard pass, they don't tend to reduce anything I am actually looking at or its so little its not worth it. Then again I don't go to any of those you listed lol. Tesco, Sainsburys and LIDL here.

It's all about timing, when I do my bigger weekly shop (which I do myself or we both go, as OH won't pick up meat for me - fair enough, he doesn't eat it and I don't want him choosing meat for me cos he doesn't know anything about it!) I time it for when they are doing the last reduced to clear shelf load-up of the day and repricing stuff that hasn't yet sold and that's when you can pick up some bargains. Too early in the day and they'll have only taken 6p off as you rightly say!

I'm still in a potatoless situation as I couldn't be arsed to go to the supermarket today.
I think I'll have a rummage in the freezer to see if I can find a ready meal, if not I'll have some pasta amatriciana again - I like that a lot so although I've got into the habit of doing a mini-roast for myself on a Sunday, it's not the end of the world to have that particular pasta dish instead- I'll do myself a mini-roast later in the week when I have spuds in :)

I'm still in a potatoless situation as I couldn't be arsed to go to the supermarket today.
I think I'll have a rummage in the freezer to see if I can find a ready meal, if not I'll have some pasta amatriciana again - I like that a lot so although I've got into the habit of doing a mini-roast for myself on a Sunday, it's not the end of the world to have that particular pasta dish instead- I'll do myself a mini-roast later in the week when I have spuds in :)
Like the sound of that but wondering where I can get guanciale from now.

Back
Top Bottom