Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I want one!
I think I'm going to make the amatriciana that I failed to cook last night.
We were supposed to be having fish tacos tonight but that got blown out of the water and I didn't even do any shopping.

sojourner's tea sounded lush so I'm having a macaroni pie with salad, freshly picked tomatoes and some of the garlic I roasted a batch of the other day, but taking a leaf out of Numbers' book too and sandwiching the pie and a mashed up buttery baked spud in between two rowies, with some brown sauce. Quadruple carbs :thumbs:

making courgette lasagnes for the freezer.
Ooh that's a good idea (not that I have a courgette glut, people keep bloody buying them all). I've only done tomato sauce for freezing runner beans in, so far.

I tried a TikTok recipe today and it went well - a tortellini bake.

Here's the recipe:

I left out the basil and ricotta because I didn't have any. Was v quick and easy, will do again.

Oooh good plan, putting that on the list for soon.

Used to do one with tinned tomatoes, red onion, tinned tuna, peppers, chilli, tortellini and whatever cheese was to hand - omnomnom!

sojourner's tea sounded lush so I'm having a macaroni pie with salad, freshly picked tomatoes and some of the garlic I roasted a batch of the other day, but taking a leaf out of Numbers' book too and sandwiching the pie and a mashed up buttery baked spud in between two rowies, with some brown sauce. Quadruple carbs :thumbs:

Ooh that's a good idea (not that I have a courgette glut, people keep bloody buying them all). I've only done tomato sauce for freezing runner beans in, so far.
Yeah I always try to turn my surplus veg into freezer ready meals of some kind. Future me is always appreciative.

Runners in tomato sauce is much better than just blanching and freezing but I haven't been organised enough yet.

I've got a few portions of tromboncino and chick pea curry down.

Tother half of the macaroni cheese, this time with steamed cauli or sprouts, depending on what I can get.

The pear and ginger cake that's currently baking, with custard if I can get cornflour, single cream if not.
Cauli.

No fucking cornflour in the Co op! Single cream it is then.

One thing I love doing now and again is to drink a carton of double cream. It's surprisingly filling.

See I think I'm generally OK with lactose and fatty dairy foods in moderation, but I think a whole carton would cause some digestive issues for me.

I'm attempting to kickstart my weight-loss...
Even though I'm basically camping out in my house with muck everywhere and limited access to running water, I was determined to have salad - so half a grated marrow that needed eating, ground flaxseed, balsamic dressing, tahini, crushed-up garlic bruschetta...
I will get a few calories from dessert of jumbo oats, blueberry soy yoghurt, banana, oat milk ...

All better today. So sausage (lamb and rosemary) and bean casserole with a ton of veg slow cooked at the weekend, with mash. Thought I had made way too much so froze half and we all had tiny teas - made up for it by snarfing the whole of the smug rhubarb (and it was made with literally our entire rhubarb harvest) crumble. Forgot to take a pic when the topping was on but needed to document the most expensive and well loved rhubarb's final end :D

C99E6588-BE4B-4DF5-9F70-0817129099DE.jpeg

All better today. So sausage (lamb and rosemary) and bean casserole with a ton of veg slow cooked at the weekend, with mash. Thought I had made way too much so froze half and we all had tiny teas - made up for it by snarfing the whole of the smug rhubarb (and it was made with literally our entire rhubarb harvest) crumble. Forgot to take a pic when the topping was on but needed to document the most expensive and well loved rhubarb's final end :D

View attachment 391368

Love rhubarb - find it a bit acidic these days but I do love it. Crumble or stewed is fantastic :)

Image-from-iOS-5-Cropped.jpg

With Monterey Jack cheese and red pepper relish

I'm attempting to kickstart my weight-loss...
Even though I'm basically camping out in my house with muck everywhere and limited access to running water, I was determined to have salad - so half a grated marrow that needed eating, ground flaxseed, balsamic dressing, tahini, crushed-up garlic bruschetta...
I will get a few calories from dessert of jumbo oats, blueberry soy yoghurt, banana, oat milk ...
Make sure you look after yourself

Back
Top Bottom