Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Oven tea of chips and whatever with baked beans. Its Thursday, crap day at work and cooked wholesome meals all week (mostly). That's why we pay extortionate electric for the freezer and oven :thumbs:

Sorry you had a crap day!
I love a something, beans and chips meal myself - usually sausages or fried eggs or a frozen fish fillet in batter/breadcrumbs or something. Have some sausage rolls in the freezer too, I reckon that would work well too. On the list for next week!

To start we had veggie gyozas - just a couple each with a dipping sauce. Then we had crispy beef together with chicken rendang curry with cauli flower rice. Lastly we had a panda veggie bao bun each. This was an Asian meal deal from Ocado (didn't include the cauli rice). Pretty good for a ready meal after unexpected day in office

It's Friday night, it's pizza night :cool:
Actually it ended up being steak tacos, also excellent Friday night fare.

Last night I was out and had amazing tapas: patatas bravas, chilli and coriander prawn skewers, artichoke hearts, boquerones, cured meat/cheese platters, tortilla, and some paprika pork belly that has completely made me understand why people love this fatty cut of meat.

Today I am making a roast chicken dinner, plus apple crumble and cream for dessert.

I think I'm going to be doing prawn linguine later tonight, but I'll see how the shopping goes, it depends on whether I can get the really good value (relatively speaking) king prawns from Iceland.

Mention was made of crepes suzette for afters but it really depends whether I feel up to actually making it! If not, we have one of those McVities Jamaican Ginger Cakes, they are lush heated up with some ice cream, so we might have some of that instead.

I'm in Islamabad so was planning on an amazing feast but so knackered that I had some popcorn I bought for emergency flight hunger and now I'm going to bed. Will try again tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom