Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Buttered wholegrain rye bread, rollmops, bit of leftover lemony fennelly beetroot chutney from the batch I made earlier - it went really well with the fish. Leek and tattie soup.

Yellowstickered thai curry readymeal that's been lurking in the fridge since an especially chaotic and disastrous shopping trip last week. E2a and a yorkshire pudding

Last edited:
Buttered wholegrain rye bread, rollmops, bit of leftover lemony fennelly beetroot chutney from the batch I made earlier - it went really well with the fish. Leek and tattie soup.

Yellowstickered thai curry readymeal that's been lurking in the fridge since an especially chaotic and disastrous shopping trip last week.

Beetroot goes lovely with pickled or smoked oily fish.
If you've still got beetroot and spuds I'd recommend a beetroot and potato salad with dill and chopped gherkins or capers (or both!), with mayonnaise/creme fraiche or a vinaigrette dressing - perfect autumn salad and an excellent accompaniment for fish.

Beetroot goes lovely with pickled or smoked oily fish.
If you've still got beetroot and spuds I'd recommend a beetroot and potato salad with dill and chopped gherkins or capers (or both!), with mayonnaise/creme fraiche or a vinaigrette dressing - perfect autumn salad and an excellent accompaniment for fish.
Oh yeah I know, they're all things I eat regularly :) I pulled all the beetroot from that sowing because I need the space for other things now, but had been doing a lot of salads with either vinaigrette and a shitload of garlic, or lemon, fennel leaves/flowers (not got any dill atm) and a bit of parsley. Still got a tray of damaged and diseased tatties to work through first before I can get on to the nicer stuff like charlottes, if there's any left by then..

Maceroni Cheese followed by the last of my Trifles (sigh) ..

Lunch tomorrow will be a sarnie of Red Leicester, buttered, with Branston Pickle, followed by an Activia yogurt, an Actimel and a Golden Delicious Apple.

So. Much. Food. Problem is I don't know what most of it is called :D Had an amazing beef malai with a chickpea salad and fresh roti for lunch and ate so much that it's counting as tea as well! Had five meals yesterday, all with lovely pillowy naan, plus endless chai and sweets. If I lived here I'd weigh about 40 stone.

Back
Top Bottom