Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Determined not to go to a shop before Tuesday (pension day).

Yellow-stickered cheese pasty from the freezer (actually from Morrison’s weeks ago), with home grown veg (minted potatoes, carrots and broccoli), home made pear chutney, then home grown raspberries with home made meringue and home made ice cream. Sugar but hey it’s Friday.

I love making a meal from the garden and although I am trying to resist getting poultry again, it was delightful when I had egg-layers right outside. For now I buy local eggs and honey, and appreciate Morrison’s reductions or Too Good To Go bags for most of the rest

Didn't have the energy to cook so had a beef and cucumber sarnie, with some of an extremely thick cut (doorstop) loaf of sliced white that I snagged off the reduced to clear (made garlic bread for the freezer with some of it) with butter and mustard.

Really looking forward to not being so achy (day out volunteering Friday, multiple bird surveys involving a LOT of walking!) on Saturday and feeling like doing some cooking and having a hot meal.

Blimey, I haven’t posted on this thread for ages. Think I’ve lost my food mojo a bit.

Tonight is some sort of tex mex thing, not sure what.

This did remind me to ask for a birria taco recipe though. I had this in a pub in Brighton and loved it. Anyone made them?

Kung Pao chicken for me, prawns for OH (both with cashews instead of peanuts).
Egg Fried Rice
Whatever I do with the mushrooms and broccoli that need using up - maybe just in with the main dishes, or maybe a side involving black bean sauce.

Kung Pao chicken for me, prawns for OH (both with cashews instead of peanuts).
Egg Fried Rice
Whatever I do with the mushrooms and broccoli that need using up - maybe just in with the main dishes, or maybe a side involving black bean sauce.

For the side involving mushrooms, broccoli, and black bean sauce - and as I had a small amount of dried wheat noodles to use (from the reduced to clear in Tian Tian) - I did this vegan version of a Korean-Chinese fusion recipe (using mushrooms, broc and green pepper as the veg part), and it was fucking lush - heartily recommend:

Fancy arse tapas last night for besties birthday. No idea tonight, meant to be leaving at 4am tomorrow to fly to London for a week and it’s all getting very stressy with storms, train and tube strikes and work people being idiots

Back
Top Bottom