Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

For the side involving mushrooms, broccoli, and black bean sauce - and as I had a small amount of dried wheat noodles to use (from the reduced to clear in Tian Tian) - I did this vegan version of a Korean-Chinese fusion recipe (using mushrooms, broc and green pepper as the veg part), and it was fucking lush - heartily recommend:

You really make a huge effort for meals

You really make a huge effort for meals

I absolutely love cooking, it's pretty much my main hobby :)

Sometimes I cannot be arsed though, I certainly do not make that much effort every day (and I think that recipe makes it look overcomplicated in order to maximise scrolling and ad space, it is really just soak the noodles, fry the veggies, add black bean sauce out of a jar and a few other condiments, and toss together) - and tonight is one of those nights and we're having frozen supermarket burgers and chips :)
Quorn Southern Style for OH (we already have those in the freezer), I am currently undecided between beef quarterpounders, and a filthy chicken kyiv burger.
Will see what they have in Morrison's when we head down there in a bit, already have a couple of kyivs in the freezer so it depends what burgers are on offer.
Might also pick up some coleslaw and frozen onion rings, I like those things with burgers.

I absolutely love cooking, it's pretty much my main hobby :)

Sometimes I cannot be arsed though, I certainly do not make that much effort every day (and I think that recipe makes it look overcomplicated in order to maximise scrolling and ad space, it is really just soak the noodles, fry the veggies, add black bean sauce out of a jar and a few other condiments, and toss together) - and tonight is one of those nights and we're having frozen supermarket burgers and chips :)
Quorn Southern Style for OH (we already have those in the freezer), I am currently undecided between beef quarterpounders, and a filthy chicken kyiv burger.
Will see what they have in Morrison's when we head down there in a bit, already have a couple of kyivs in the freezer so it depends what burgers are on offer.
Might also pick up some coleslaw and frozen onion rings, I like those things with burgers.
Ah I didn't mean that specifically, just in general it seems like you make a huge effort with meals. Doubly so when making two versions of the meal or alternatives to fit different diets. We had a professional chef in the house and two advanced novices and didn't make that as much effort consistently as you do, even with more dietary considerations lol.

I've handmade 80 ravioli, anything with handmade pasta, ricotta dumplings, pot sticker dumplings including the dough, Icelandic sour dough etc but not remotely as consistently as you seem to do fancy meals.

I'll happily eat a mini Kiev baguette lol no snobbishness about food.

I was going to roast some chicken breasts with lots of veg..
Decided to do a casserole instead - well technically a stew as it's on the hob..
(If you have guests it's a casserole):)
Will mop it up with a large baguette from Lidl's (99p)
Quite impressed with their bakery..
But I'm hungry - only ate fruit today - so french loaf is fast diminishing!
The bottle of red is going the same way..

No idea, managed to make some bulk bits for the freezer though. 4x 500ml of refried beans done. 1kg of mixed lentils found out to be old since they won't soften at all, well one of the three types but it was 50% of it. Shame it smelled nice but if its bad then what can you do.

I’ve had a wierd few weeks with things going on - and also mainly eating a thousand variations of tomatoes and courgettes but feeling a bit better now and have made a sticky toffee pudding for tonight!! (Well, haven’t made the sauce yet but the cake bit looks good). And just about to sit down for orzo stuffed tomatoes (think I saw the recipe link here so Thankyou in advance whoever that was!) and garlic bread. Oh except I also - off recipe - put grated courgettes in the orzo 🤣)

also been having some nice fennel,tomato and chickpea stew which is a guardian recipe somewhere of anyone else needs tomato recipes!

Dull oven tea of Kievs and chips, with gravy and peas. Had other, more home cooked things, to eat but we all got home late and it did the trick.

Dinner at Italiana in Bethnal Green with friends. Shared lots of starters - calamari, arrancini, tuna and tomato on bread. Pancetta and potato pizza and tiramisu. Favourite London restaurant, lovely staff, great food and v reasonably priced

Last edited:
Made scones to use up some old eggs and milk that went off after I rescued it from the farm shop on its use by date. Went to drop off some of those, still hot from the oven, and got offered leftover lasagne in the same state - a meat one and a veggie one made with our own courgettes and chard. So that worked out well when I'd just been planning to heat up some soup or something :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom