Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Spring onion, pea and mature cheddar frittata, wedges, green leafy salad.

Then either the last of the scones with bramble jelly or, if I can be arsed, vegan walnut brownies with defrosted raspberries.

Cheese toastie, carrot and butter bean soup, some gyoza from Sainsburys that I thought were going to be the normal kind you can put in soup but turned out to be for oven baking - just making room in the freezer for all the grape juice etc.

I ended up not going out today as planned due to a very poor night's (ie. no) sleep. At least not at a suitable time for me to get up and go out!

I had made a packed lunch of some of the amatriciana pasta I had yesterday, so will nuke that and eat it in a bit.
Probably do a side salad too, I have a lot of salad stuff in atm. and have restocked the olive supply as it was OH's pay day.

Spag bol at MIL's.

But more importantly, I have been making a Pressed Picnic Sandwich to take on an outing tomorrow. Whole ciabatta loaf, halved and grilled and brushed with a garlic and balsamic vinaigrette, layers of gouda, mortadella, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan, saussison sec and basil leaves. Wrapped up, and then pressed down with weights overnight.

Attachments

• IMG_20230930_214122.jpg
    IMG_20230930_214122.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20230930_214403.jpg
    IMG_20230930_214403.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 11
Was supposed to be kebab fakeaway but we got back later, drunker, and tireder than expected (from a really good night out!) - so I did what folks in/from the USA call grilled cheese, and what I call where did I leave the defibriallator?

Last night was hot dogs, wedges, salad and some steamed kale, because we've got loads of veg that needs eating and i thought we could use the health.

Kids had standard meat dogs; husband and I tried out some new-to-us veggie sausages (This Isn't Pork ones). They were perfectly nice but unfortunately, like most fake meat products, absolutely ruined my digestion so I won't be eating them again :(

We made loads of tomato ketchup a couple of weeks ago, and it's ok-ish, but doesn't have the depth of flavour you'd expect from a ketchup, probably because it doesn't have massive amounts of salt and sugar in it.
There's a couple of litres of it in the freezer so I'm using some today to slow cook a piece of brisket, I've chucked a load of chipotle chilli flakes in to liven it up.

Homemade wedges and steamed savoy cabbage to go with it.

It’s been a weekend of mixed quality food.

Friday we went for Wagamama lunch which was lovely. They’ve got some new sides including spicy sort of tempura mushrooms. Lovely.

Then I went out and got more drunk than I have in a long time and had cheesy chips and garlic bread at 2am.

On Saturday Mr Looby was taking me out for Italian food and a film but I was horribly hungover so it ended up being a Charlie Bigham lasagne whilst I randomly cried about dogs and how nice Mr Looby is. 😄

Tonight, some sort or Italian chicken breast thing, parmentier potatoes and veg.

Tomorrow we plan to actually cook.

Back
Top Bottom