Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Mini-roast night tonight!

Pork chop for me, tuna steak for OH.
New potatoes steamed then crushed then roasted
Steamed broccoli
Fried mushrooms (for me, he's unlikely to want any)
Sage & onion stuffing balls
Gravy

I was right about including some stuffing making it more of a roast dinner type affair, very pleased I did it this time. I don't go fancy with the stuffing, I just jazz up a packet mix with marmite, veg stock and butter. Had leftover stuffing balls to freeze uncooked for next time, they take about an extra 10 minutes to cook from frozen so can just go in the oven at the same time as the spuds.

Chinese Fakeaway tonight.
I am making Kung Pao chicken for me, prawn version for OH, cashews instead of peanuts as usual due to my peanut allergy.
Mushrooms and broccoli in black bean sauce
Egg fried rice

Will be a very late meal, although it's OH's day off from his regular job, they keep cutting his hours (and hence pay!) and he managed to get an evening shift somewhere else tonight, he won't be home until gone 1am so we'll eat together then and have a late night of it.

Fucked if I know, we seem to have a huge amount of food and no one is eating it so I am existing on leftovers and things that need to be eaten. Looking at the fridges I would guess I am having a crapload of salad, pork belly if I can be bothered, then some random bits. Had Chili wrapped corn on the cob yesterday and it was delicious.

I thought I'd better eat my purple French beans before they spoiled in the fridge.
They turn a fairly unappetising green when they're cooked and I can't say I'm over-enthused by green beans generally - not when compared to frozen peas...
Perhaps one day I will develop a taste for cooking veggies individually instead of chucking em all in the same pan.
Doubtless the French would heavily season and use butter ...

I will probably shred the next batch ...

purplebeans.jpg

Back
Top Bottom