Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Sausage and bacon casserole tonight also containing mushrooms, carrot, celery and onion, with basmati rice. Will do something for OH to nuke in the morning which uses up the remaining half tin of tomatoes - either sausage or quornball pasta.

Poached salmon, salad of tomato, cucumber and a bit of parsley, NO vinaigrette or oil, and a bit of old, dried bread I found in the Thursday night fridge clear out.

Every year I think that this is the year I will finally get rid of the flab around my middle, what with it being summer - salads, fruits, and not much of an appetite what with the heat etc etc, but it's late August and the sodding flab is still there. :mad:

Was meant to be chip van but I got given a chicken and ham pie that wasn't going to get eaten otherwise and completely forgot about the chips :facepalm: Can't decide whether to keep the cooked pie to eat cold tomorrow or just have it tonight and crack on with work instead of spending an hour walking down to the village and back in the rain.

The kale was nice - a bit holey in places and I had to wash off some butterfly eggs ...I cooked it well...
I lied about the wretched marrows - it was yesterday's stew which was made from a manky third of a red cabbage and some carrots that needed the grotty bits scraped off.
If I'm going to grow all own veggies in the future I will need to learn to be a lot less squeamish...

Someone actually took two marrows from my front garden offering thing so I hopefully put out two more...
Bank holiday weekend - people might fancy trying marrow on the barbie ...

The handful of purple-podded French beans I ate as they were ...

Got Romanian friends coming round so cooking a traditional roast dinner with lots of bits.

Nice bottle of red that was given to me a while ago and been waiting for a good time to open. :)

I really need to get pork chops/loin steaks more often, that was delicious and they are pretty cheap (compared to similar frying cuts of beef/lamb).

Made for a very nice "a joint of meat is too much for one" Sunday mini-roast. Wish I'd had some stuffing balls to go with though, will rectify that next time I do it as a roast dinner substitute!

Doing a fry-up tonight, ADB style, fairly late mind as OH has done back to back shifts (!!!!) and will probably conk out for a few hours once he gets home this evening.

Sausages (Cumberland for me, Richmond Meat Free for him), streaky bacon (me only), fried eggs, mushrooms, beans, new potato wedges. Toast for him, fried slice for me.

I'm cooking a huge steak from Aldi in the smoker and then going to sear in the frying pan.

Except I planned a light lunch, but fucked up last night doing the roast and overcooked the spuds at the par boiling stage, so I peeled new ones and kept the overcooked ones. Made little fried potato cakes for lunch with left over roast pork. Now I feel quite full and not sure i can do the steak justice.

Last edited:
I’m home alone (aw!) and was planning on having haggis, chips and curry sauce. But I’m not sure I fancy that now. Fatigue is playing up a bit and I’d need to stand to make the curry sauce. And I don’t fancy just haggis and chips. So I’m not sure.

(I’m getting a “perch stool” for cooking/brushing teeth etc; it was supposed to come last Friday but it’s been delayed).

I’ll decide later.

Back
Top Bottom