Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Found yet another cache of eggs (stupid creatures won't even decide to lay in one place that's not their nest boxes :rolleyes: ) so scrambled egg roulette with the ones that were just starting to lift slightly at one end when I float tested them. Baked potatoes that are meant to be for tomorrow too if I don't eat them all. Might make some more beetroot salad while I wait for the tatties to cook.

Slow cooker lamb curry - lamb, chopped toms, onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and a load of Seasoned Pioneers biriyani spice blend.
I'll add some frozen chopped spinach a bit later.

I've been trying to cut right back on the amount of lamb and beef we eat, and I think this might be first time I've cooked lamb this year!
I'm so looking forward to it.

Maybe refried beans as part of the meal. I say maybe as the dried pinto beans are dated 2021. I've soaked them in some baking powder and they are now in the slow cooker. I'll see what they are like in a few hours.

Thai style fakeaway stuff tonight (and planning leftovers for tomorrow!)

Chicken, mushroom and cashew dish for me
Also I have some leftover sliced rump steak from last night so am going to briefly add that to some chillies, peppers, spring onions etc. just to warm it up
Spicy prawn dish for OH
Fried rice

Wholemeal sourdough with butter and crab meat, squeaky cheese, (smug homegrown) tomatoes. Broad beans which I'll eat directly off the plant, out in the field, because I'm incapable of ever waiting long enough to do anything else with them.

Forgot there's no three o'clock bus now schools are back, so I ended up wandering around town buying expensive treats after I'd done my main food shop in Lidl's :oops:

That sounds amazing iona particularly the lamb.
The fridge and cupboards are bare so I need to go shopping before we eat, when this happens dinner usually ends up being a supermarket pizza or something.
I really want a good home-cooked meal, but I want someone else to cook it for me.

Back
Top Bottom