Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Fucking terrible dinner! 😄
I had a late GP appointment and then we decided to do the big shop in person (mistake) so got McDonalds on the way home. Except the traffic was awful so the food was stone cold when we got home. Decided to heat it up in the air fryer which needed cleaning from yesterday.

So total faff for shit food we regretted. Should have got a ready meal or gone to the chippy! 😄

Picked up some random meat bits. Then realised I didn't have much longer left to eat them. So tikka masala chicken drumsticks, Korean bbq boneless chicken thighs in Lebanese style flatbreads with bits and pieces. Plus a pork fillet wrapped in smoked bacon.

For about £12 I think that's pretty good. Also the dog loves the offcuts from the pork diced up and cooked off.

Stuffed 3 adults and some leftovers. Also sorted the stock and strained for freezing.

I seem to be in the process of making boulangere potatoes as a late decision, having spent all early evening wondering what I fancied vs. what we had in (we've got a lot of food in tbh but a lot of things don't necessarily go together iykwim, and I was struggling to come up with a complete meal that didn't need things defrosted while still using up things that needed to be used).

I was wondering what to have with the potatoes, but this post has been flitting in and out of my mind:

Braised green lentils, buttery jacket spuds, Savoy cabbage and a splish of veggie gravy.

So I'm doing a green lentil, bacon, and white cabbage stew type thing. I sort of did one off the top of my head a few weeks back as more of a soup and really enjoyed it, so I'll just do this one with a bit less of a soup element to it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom