Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Microwave pouch coconut rice and tarka dhal. It was edible. Slight low point due to combination of hangover and making elaborate dinner for tomorrow today, but at least they're off the shelves now, they'd been hanging around for a while. I must have bought them for emergencies.

Yesterday was pasta and runner beans in tomato sauce wolfed down before a gig.

Friday was grilled sardines, papardelle with wild boar ragu, and tiramisu.

Oven baked Salmon curry, air fried cauli coated in tandoori spices and ghost pepper chilli oil, with chapattis.

That sounds lush, what ingredients/spices do you use for the salmon curry and the cauli?
Always keen on getting curry inspiration :)

Will share the recipe, it's in one of his books. But cumin, cinnamon, coriander, black limes, turmeric, saffron and some other things and you put whole fresh lemons and a head of garlic cut in two in the rice whilst it baked in the oven. You can sprinkle over raisins/nuts/fried onions at the end, but he doesn't.
He who?

Will share the recipe, it's in one of his books. But cumin, cinnamon, coriander, black limes, turmeric, saffron and some other things and you put whole fresh lemons and a head of garlic cut in two in the rice whilst it baked in the oven. You can sprinkle over raisins/nuts/fried onions at the end, but he doesn't.

That sounds lush, I am also keen for the recipe, or just the name of the chef/book it is in so I can look it up! Thanks :)

Tonight I made fish cakes with mash (done in the microwave, totally converted) tin of mackerel in lemon, tin of kippers, dill, fried onion, cheese, mustard, gherkins and lemon zest. Could have added peas/sweetcorn but fancied a massive salad so had that instead. Very nice and all store cupboard (other then salad) and pretty cheap.

Back
Top Bottom