Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Probably more of the pasta I made last night, doing a bacon fat roux was rather rich tho should probably have used some chicken stock or milk. Delicious but you only needed like 5 mouthfulls.

Sounds ideal for a gumbo, mind.

I've been craving club sandwiches lately for some reason so I'm making those. Might even get some nice bread, sourdough or something. Only need to get chicken and bacon as I already have cheese, mayo and lettuce in. Does tomato go in? It can make a sandwich unstable ime so I might skip it.

I've been craving club sandwiches lately for some reason so I'm making those. Might even get some nice bread, sourdough or something. Only need to get chicken and bacon as I already have cheese, mayo and lettuce in. Does tomato go in? It can make a sandwich unstable ime so I might skip it.

Ah yes the tomato slippage factor, I tend to skip tomato in sarnies for that reason.
I don't know whether it belongs in a club sandwich tbh.

Last night was take away pizza, I had the anchovy, olive and caper pizza.

Today I picked up a biryani spice mix from the nearby Afghani/Turkish/Iranian shop and did a vegetable biryani with it - it was delicious. Daughter had Quorn with it, we had chicken. Plus dhal and naan.

I have a haggis but it's not really haggis weather now, so I'm doing haggis stuffed marrow because that feels more like summer food even though the oven needs to be on for longer 🤷

Making a massive bowl of that beetroot and red cabbage salad again to keep in the fridge, so I'll have some of that too.

Back
Top Bottom