Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

My OH suprised me on her way home and said she wanted fried chicken tonight. It's normally me who wants to eat gak.

What suprised me even more is Odin also decided he wanted some and helped himself. I'd expect that from the other one, but it's really out of character for him. I was so suprised I just let him crack on.

PXL_20230808_192149974.MP.jpg

I want to make many things, but I am hampered by someone sleeping in the house which would be ruined by this, so probably some combination of meat, cheese, sauce, salad and a carbohydrate cover/wrapper. This disappoints me but I want to be up early tomorrow to get stuff done before my sensory deprivation float.

Sri Lankan paneer and green bean curry with brown rice.

Last of the buttered scones with homemade strawberry jam and a decaff tea. I'm thinking of buying some strawberries from Lidl to make more strawberry jam with because it is ridiculously delicious. I made this last lot from fruit we’d picked ourselves but I don't see why it wouldn't work with shop bought strawbs, and they're actually cheaper in Lidl than they were to pick.

Freezer mystery, its time to eat the freezer down, so, apart from the pizza and bag of peas Im unsure of what some other things are. We had an unmarked batch cook, (the pen has worn off), heated up, with some scrappy bits from different frozen bags of chips. Turns out the unmarked item was a lamb curry. Not one of my best efforts, I’ve made better curries than this. The chips have been in the freezer too long and are horrible. Meh. But also didn’t get a takeaway and the takeaways in this town are awful

We had a freezer tea tonight (chicken schnitzel, chips, beans, and random beetroot) but I made two other teas in the same time span. Watch this space for the next thrilling episode where you find out what they were and whether I feel more like eating them than I did tonight :thumbs:

Spaghetti with pancetta, peppers, lemon, chilli, garlic, and parsley. Probably a salad and maybe some more protein (got some poached chicken in the fridge) on the side. Girl had pasta for lunch (I didn't because she used the last lemon so I had to defer and buy another) so she can forage for herself.

Yesterday I made a delicious salad of chickpeas, home-grown cucumber, fennel, tomatoes, avocado and grilled chicken. I used dressing that's supposed to be for a green papaya salad but works well on everything

Today I scored a massive pack of wild mushrooms for 99pm so I did a mushroom and pea orzotto. I made loads so have added a tin of sweetcorn and will have it for lunch tomorrow too.

I have no idea, maybe burgers again? I seem to be down on options that are quick and someone bought too much bready things.

Can't decide between cheesy omelette with couscous and salad or spaghetti tossed in olive oil, chilli, garlic, with black olives, sun dried tomatoes and a fuckton of cheese.

Going the park after work to make the most of this one day of summer, so I suppose it'll be whatever I fancy after that.

Lemon drizzle melty muffin and a decaff tea for afters.

Thai style food tonight.

OH wants a red curry with basa, green beans, peppers and sliced new potatoes, I am not actually very keen on either green or red curry so I'm going to do a chicken/mushroom/peppers/cashew dish for myself.

Need to go and check the rice situation, hopefully we have some jasmine rice but if not we do have other types.

Can't decide between cheesy omelette with couscous and salad or spaghetti tossed in olive oil, chilli, garlic, with black olives, sun dried tomatoes and a fuckton of cheese.

Going the park after work to make the most of this one day of summer, so I suppose it'll be whatever I fancy after that.

Lemon drizzle melty muffin and a decaff tea for afters.
It was the spaghetti.

Probably more of the pasta I made last night, doing a bacon fat roux was rather rich tho should probably have used some chicken stock or milk. Delicious but you only needed like 5 mouthfulls.

Back
Top Bottom