Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I love mackerel, but no one else in my family does :(

Last time we had it, I was scaled by wailing cats.
It's just a bit too much bother, even tho only Jakey left now he's a pain around food and I have to fend him off when I've got chicken - with mackerel it was far worse! Not allowed any these days cos he's on a low protein diet.

Grilled courgettes. The grill on my countertop oven thing is shite and just one batch took ages so I might try doing a few almost-marrows in the wood fired pizza oven tomorrow night if none of the campers are using it :thumbs:
They griddle very well. A dry frying pan would work in the absence of a poncey ridged thing.
I love mackerel, but no one else in my family does :(
I eat those little tins of mackerel in spicy tomato sauce pretty regularly.

Really really wanted a Chinese, went online to order to collect, they’re shut for a month! So I made a fried rice and then I remembered there was half of a mushroom side order from the same Chinese in the freezer so I did get my Chinese in the end. I’m still on my own, we both decided we need some solitude. It’s been such a mad few months so I’m really enjoying being alone.

Roast tomatoes/red pepper/courgette/garlic, with pesto fusilli, toasted pine nuts and parmesan, and a salad made from Romaine lettuce and spinach with a balsamic dressing.

Last slice of that cake, and possibly a scone with bramble jelly. Decaff coffee.

Fried duck egg. Mushrooms and beetroot leaves stirfried separately from the egg, with a tiny bit of teriyaki sauce. Chocolate after.

I've never managed to eat any eggs apart from regular chickens' eggs. I reckon if I hadn't been introduced to those when I was young I probably wouldn't eat those either.
I just can't get my head around eating any other species of egg! Maybe it's because I had parrots as pets for a while, I mean I never had one lay an egg but if that had happened I wouldn't have cooked and eaten it and in that perspective the whole thing just seems slightly weird.
I do like chickens' eggs. I can't get my head around eating a duck egg tbh (I kind of imagine it tastes of pond water).
I know I am odd :D

I've never managed to eat any eggs apart from regular chickens' eggs. I reckon if I hadn't been introduced to those when I was young I probably wouldn't eat those either.
I just can't get my head around eating any other species of egg! Maybe it's because I had parrots as pets for a while, I mean I never had one lay an egg but if that had happened I wouldn't have cooked and eaten it and in that perspective the whole thing just seems slightly weird.
I do like chickens' eggs. I can't get my head around eating a duck egg tbh (I kind of imagine it tastes of pond water).
I know I am odd :D
They aren't at all pondy :D Just tasty with nice big yolks like soj says. Not that you should obvs but if you ever did want to try eating duck or other eggs, hidden in a cake or something might be a bit easier for a first attempt.

If you're funny about eggs I probably shouldn't mention that I'm eating fertilised eggs - they're fine when they're newly laid and we really don't want any more bloody ducks - and planning to keep the unlaid eggs to cook with next time I slaughter poultry myself

I made this salad but with way more garlic, and a few ripped up onion flowers instead of spring onions because I didn't have any. It was fucking fit and I'm going to have to make a huge bowl of it every week. Swapped a portion of that for a bowl of leek & tattie soup that someone else made, ate that with a bread roll and some red onion smoked cheddar.

I made this salad but with way more garlic, and a few ripped up onion flowers instead of spring onions because I didn't have any. It was fucking fit and I'm going to have to make a huge bowl of it every week. Swapped a portion of that for a bowl of leek & tattie soup that someone else made, ate that with a bread roll and some red onion smoked cheddar.
That looks like a good winter salad. Have saved it for later!

That looks like a good winter salad. Have saved it for later!
Good winter flu food too! We've had some grim covidy thing going round and it felt like just what was needed. Just pulled the garlic and collected loads of poppy seed, and we have some parsley and loads of beetroot growing atm, so definitely going to be a staple here for the next few months I think.

Indian take away. Not sure what yet. Going to see friends of my partners and they messaged to ask if we'd be ok with it. Hell yes. My partner never wants to order curry as she says mine are really good. I think I do ok, but there is something nice about the BIR style, so looking forwards to it.

Indian take away. Not sure what yet. Going to see friends of my partners and they messaged to ask if we'd be ok with it. Hell yes. My partner never wants to order curry as she says mine are really good. I think I do ok, but there is something nice about the BIR style, so looking forwards to it.

Ditto, OH says he prefers my daal which is a lovely compliment, but it means we very rarely get takeaways!

Back
Top Bottom